Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Google, and found the method for resetting the front windows, but the window I'm having issues with is the rear drivers side.

I've tried the "ignition on - fully lower window - fully raise window - hold switch for 2 seconds" approach, but as soon as the window reaches its closed position, it automatically lowers again, even if I hold the switch.

Any pointers guys? Found out earlier that even when I try to use the auto window closure on locking, all the windows go up, then the drivers rear one goes back down again, even when closed to start with.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sounds like the anti pinch is kicking in and making it lower. Make sure there is nothing in the channel and maybe try some sort of lube in the channel and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I was going to say anti pinch too.
I had a problem with it on the rear window of my first 407.
I dabbed some aftershave on a couple of ear buds and cleaned the channel out. Then ran a little vaseline around it. Sorted.

·
5,040 Posts
Yep anti pinch feature,spray silicone in the runner, Mr sheen etc works at a push

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I'll give it a try, but I'm not sure it's gonna solve my issue, as the window goes up and down without hindrance (unlike the passenger front which has a pinch on it somewhere, haven't got round to finding it just yet though, only had the car 2 weeks), but auto lowers when it closes up, almost like it thinks it should be going higher, and the top of the channel is actually an obstruction.

Im only finding it annoying at the moment as I've not quite got used to the location of the switches, and keep putting the rear window down instead of the front one. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts