Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says on the title. The door will not open from the inside, but will open OK from the outside. The other rear door opens fine. Its like the child lock is enabled, though clearly thats not the case if the other door opens is it? The inside handle on the affected door does not move as far as the one which works. If I trip the latch in the lock when the door is open, then when the handle is pulled, there is some signs of movement inside the lock, but the latch will not open until I pull the outside handle.

Anyone got any ideas? All other operations appear OK such as deadlocking the door manually.

·
Super Moderator
1,790 Posts
If you open the door there'll be a plastic slot the end of the key goes into below the latch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you open the door there'll be a plastic slot the end of the key goes into below the latch.
Is that a black plastic lined hole just below the lower lock bolt beneath the latch in the door? If so, my manual says thats for manual locking of passanger doors & thats is indeed the function it performs. You just pop the key in & it trips a spring loaded button thing inside. After that, close the door & the car can't be opened from the outside.

Maybe there is another function it has that I'm missing? They don't appear to turn or anything. I had a Ford once which had child locks which could be disabled this way, so thats the first thing I looked at.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
click on attachment,
check where is green arrow pointing, in the green circle.

good luck
Thats the one I was looking at. Having played with it a bit, the door appears to be opening OK now some of the time. Every now and again it reverts to not being able to open from inside & I have to put the key in that hole to restore normal operation. I'll play with it some more tomorrow when I won't be annoying the locals.

Strange that there does not appear to be any mention of it in my manual though.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thats the one I was looking at. Having played with it a bit, the door appears to be opening OK now some of the time. Every now and again it reverts to not being able to open from inside & I have to put the key in that hole to restore normal operation. I'll play with it some more tomorrow when I won't be annoying the locals.

Strange that there does not appear to be any mention of it in my manual though.

Thanks for the help guys.

my Hyundai Santa Fe used to be a pain if some one pulled the handle when you unlocked the car with the fob ! it would have the result. Of not allowing the person inside out unless the outside handle was released you had to reset it by locking and unlocking again while chastising your child not to pull the handle for the umpteenth time :lol::lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts