Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello stupid question here. Are the rear disks threaded? Iv gone to change rear pads today and one bolt fell out when removing the wheel and the screw now just turns. Just wanted to know if it’s the disk that needs replacing or something behind the disk cheers.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The discs have integrated hub bearings so the wheel bolts thread into the disc.

If one has stripped the threads then it's a new disc with integrated bearing on both sides I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
All is not lost, you can have a helicoil insert fitted. Ask at an engineering workshop or maybe a good independent garage will do the job.
You may even be able to rent the tool for the job and do it yourself, buying it would probably cost more that new discs, you will need a pair btw.

Having said that, if the discs have much wear then suck it up and just replace them.

Roger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iv ordered 2 new ones. I’m an engineer we didn’t have any helicoils in stock at work that where 12 x 1.25. The disk are only 6 months old aswell. Who ever has fit them must not have torqued them up.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Iv ordered 2 new ones. I’m an engineer we didn’t have any helicoils in stock at work that where 12 x 1.25. The disk are only 6 months old aswell. Who ever has fit them must not have torqued them up.
Just a quick look on ebay, they are for sale in this size from 13.50 and up. Much cheaper than a pair of discs. I'm surprised you are just going to replace both discs and bearings for the sake of a stripped thread.

Roger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s just for safety sake really got 2 young kids in the car so don’t want anything going wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts