Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307sw 2005. Replacing discs. Got caliper off and also axle nut but cant pull the disc off. I have tried wacking with hammer and levering but no joy. Do i need to try a disc puller? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You have removed the locating screw I hope?. If so persist with the hammer.
Hit the disc both ways and inwards as well. Once you have the slightest bit of movement you have won, it will soon break from the corrosion that is gripping it tight.

Another thought; if there is no locating screw the disc and hub might be all one piece, my wife has an 05 307 with separate discs, but I think it might be a changeover year. If so you will need a complete hub and bearing. If you are having trouble shifting that then a slide hammer should get it off for you pretty easily.

Roger.

·
Registered
174 Posts
rustyroger's advice is bang on, I spent hours trying to hammer off a disk using a two pound club hammer , running off to Halfrauds to buy a hub puller, all for nothing ,then I was advised by a friend who worked for Kw Fi to just give it tap inwards and lo and behold the b*****y thing fell off , Doooh! :nod:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Yes, has bearings so no screws holding it on. I tried with a sledge hammer and a home made puller then gave up. I have put the wheel back on and it's off to my local garage... Can't believe I need to pay someone to change my rear discs. The 307 will be going as had way too many issues like this with it. Shame really as it's a great 7 seater.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
If they are that difficult to remove then I'd be expecting to hear that the stub axles need teplacing as well. The discs on my 307 were the type complete with bearings and they slid off with no effort required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts