Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know definitively what discs and pads I need for me 307 2.0 HDi 90?
Using servicebox, it tells me "Several references available. Use the nomenclature".
Cross referencing elsewhere also gives me multiple choices for both, such as at
https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/peugeot/307-3a-c/15903/10130/brake-pad-set?sort_supplier[]=65&sort_categories[0]=402&rp=1 and https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/peugeot/307-3a-c/15903/10130/brake-pad-set?sort_supplier[]=65&sort_categories[0]=402&rp=1.
I know for sure that if I guess, I will choose the wrong ones, so any guidance would be appreciated a great deal.

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble,

Neil

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Quite often more than one make of calliper is fitted to a production run as in Girling and Teves etc. The only way to be certain is to remove the wheel and look for yourself. Often the supplier listing has a picture of the pads which will help in identification.
The Haynes manual does give pictures which help.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you're both correct. I'm have to have a look. I should be able to gauge the size as one is looking and thin, and the other is more square.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi,

Be aware that 2 types of disc brakes are fitted to the 2.0 HDi 90. One type is a separate disc and is easy and cheap to change. The other is incorperated with the hub and is expensive and harder to fit.
Guess which type mine had!!!
My discs were worn and so I thought I would replace then as the pads had worn out but when I realised it was going to cost me 400 euros to replace them I decided to just change the pads. Afterall the back brakes are not as important as the fronts. They only keep the rear end behind the front end when braking!!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Adding to above if you do need the type with 1 piece disc/hub be sure to sort out your ABS sensors while in there or your fresh disc will get the ring damaged causing you more issues :)

Also make sure the new discs actually have the rings as i have seen some with them missing !!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Luckily mine is the easier type, without the built in bearing.

I think I've sorted which I need, which had better be right as I've ordered more Brembo discs and pads to match the front.
Fingers crossed.
Thank you very much for the input :)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The cheaper type are super cheap and never really wear I still have a pair of discs in the garage I brought in case lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
687 Posts
Agree, they are pretty cheap and don't wear too much. I'm in the habit of changing mine when I do the pads.....looks nicer under the wheels and for the MOT/APK/Controle Technique :)

·
12,141 Posts
VIN in Servicebox should tell you what it was fitted with.

Mine were 266mm

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VIN in Servicebox should tell you what it was fitted with.

Mine were 266mm
Mine are smaller at 247. That wasn't the problem though. ServiceBox said there was more than one option of caliper and disc.
I just hope I have got the right ones. Th place I bought them from in Germany offered a £3.45 flat rate return option so I took that, so if they are wrong, it won't be a big deal and I can get the other option.
I am pretty sure I have the correct ones though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts