Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all could you please help me as to any ideas with this problem. I have a 1996 Peugeot 106 XND. The demister stopped working fuses are ok as are the connectors on the screen on the window. :mad:

·
Registered
862 Posts
wrighty1963 said:
Hi all could you please help me as to any ideas with this problem. I have a 1996 Peugeot 106 XND. The demister stopped working fuses are ok as are the connectors on the screen on the window. :mad:
Check that the actual switch is still working.There is a relay located behind the glove box can you hear it clicking when you turn on the rear demister?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Demister

Thanks for the reply,yes i can hear a click sometimes intermittent from the fuse box do you think the problem could be in there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Demister

A mate in work ran a line test said i had power going to the connectors on the back window,also to the fuse and that it may be the switch. For the life of me i cannot fathom how to get the switch out:confused:

·
Registered
256 Posts
wrighty1963 said:
A mate in work ran a line test said i had power going to the connectors on the back window,also to the fuse and that it may be the switch. For the life of me i cannot fathom how to get the switch out:confused:
Rear dimisters have a timed position on, usually for about 10 minutes using a microprocessor of some sorts. Seems as though you have power and the switch is lighting up, then it is not the switch more than likely, but the processor, you can get these timers quite cheap and they are easy to make.

Try one more test, turn the ignition on switch the all the aircon switches on and headlights turn the wipers on etc turn all devices on to see if it's not the pre-excitation resistor that is wearing out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts