Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just joined on here as we seem to have this intermittent fault with our rear camera. Has anyone else found similar?

It was 3 years old in August so annoyingly just out of warranty but the fault has been happening over the past 2-3 months. It happened once and then didn't happen for a few weeks before happening again. Now this week it has happened twice. We've only done approx 16,000 miles (which I know is irrelevant but makes it more disappointing)

Has anyone any advice for me please? Has this happened to any/many others?

Thanks in advance

· Registered
1,165 Posts
There was a topic in 3008 section with same problem. No one found solution. I also have this issue with 308 T9. I am out of ideas what it could be, checked all connections, cleaned them, nothing helps and it's totally random.

· Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I take it the reverse lights & rear parking sensors are both still working when the reverse camera fails?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a topic in 3008 section with same problem. No one found solution. I also have this issue with 308 T9. I am out of ideas what it could be, checked all connections, cleaned them, nothing helps and it's totally random.
Oh thank you, that's a shame that they didn't find a solution. It's fine again today. I feel it's related to the weather as the recent days it happened were rainy. I read that this was also the case for a couple of people on another thread.

I have messaged Peugeot s if they have anything constructive to add, I'll let you know.

Thanks for replying

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take it the reverse lights & rear parking sensors are both still working when the reverse camera fails?
Yes, everything else works as normal, just an orange triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle appears on a black screen where the camera picture normally is. As I mentioned above, it's working fine again today. It's possible it's related to the weather but not sure what that means.

Thanks for replying

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I've just joined on here as we seem to have this intermittent fault with our rear camera. Has anyone else found similar? It was 3 years old in August so annoyingly just out of warranty but the fault has been happening over the past 2-3 months. It happened once and then didn't happen for a few weeks before happening again. Now this week it has happened twice. We've only done approx 16,000 miles (which I know is irrelevant but makes it more disappointing) Has anyone any advice for me please? Has this happened to any/many others? Thanks in advance
Yes I had exactly the same situation and my 5008 is 4 years old. It worked off and on periodically for a few months. Took it to Peugeot as I have a 5-year warranty. They fixed it within an hour. Loose camera cable inside the trunk which was not enabling a proper connection. Fixed and works perfectly now. Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts