Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, my car has just had a repair done to the rear bumper (as per previous post on a different section) the garage have done such a terrible job and do not trust my before pictures!. Has Anyone got a close up picture of the rear bumper trim they can send me Please. My car Should be finished tomorrow after having a new key from Peugeot after the repair company Broke mine!!, they had to low loader it to Peugeot for a new one, just glad they are picking up the bill!. Also went to pick up some bits and bobs from the car for the half term hols (cd's etc) and found a large scratch on the drivers door! Grrrr. Anyways if you could send me a close up pic of the rear bumper trim i would be Most gratefull, looking up from just below the towing eye cover would be great, as mine was flush and new one is Certainly not!!, by 1/4" or more. Cheers

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Firstly, here's the outside of mine after it got ripped on a parking bollard that still isn't bolted down properly, flicked up, and ripped the bumper.

Second is a replacement bumper that I had sprayed just before I fitted it.

IIRC the towing eye cover isn't a terribly good fit -- but body panels never fit well on French cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks for the pics!, i'm picking my car up in a bit... Fingers crossed!, as a "good will jesture" they are going to try and polish out the scratch, We'll see, all they say is "there were scratches all over the car on the condition report", there's a few, but not one you could see down the drivers door from 20m's away!!, just wish i'd taken more of the whole of the car not just the bumper. anyway, we'll see... Yet another reason i don't trust garages (present company, i.e. forum members, excluded!!,)
Cheers again for the pics!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It goes from unbelieveable to down right Crazy!. I picked up my car, door scratch polished out, open the car with my spare key, started the car and drove home with the new one. Put the new key safely away and the spare on my keyring.
Went to go out this afternoon and the car wouldn't start, imobilizer fault!, got new key out and drove to peugeot for explination, they took both keys and tried to re-code my spare (now Supposed one in use,) came back and said that it won't re-code!, buy a new one for £150.00!!. Just off the phone to the insurance company who said they will get to the bottom of it for me. Grrrrrr.
As for mechanics, i have done all my own work, apart from the 406's clutch and flywheel, myself. Good Trustworthy ones are hard to find!

So the story continues! LOL, you gotta laugh!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
My experience regarding key programming... is that PP would not see the coding sequesnse properly when I was coding it, and I would end up with the scenario you describe. Both key working.,.. but then after a restart the new key would not work. I have then completed the pairing sequense pretending I would see the OK dialogs etc and some very fast clicks of the mouse and I managed to complete the pairing process successfully.
I would not think that Peugeot dealer will go in that whole bother.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts