Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear bumper removal / tow bar

Before I attempt to remove the rear bumper, are there any tips on how it is meant to come off? I've got 90% of a tow bar on the car, and been advised from Peugeot that its not possible to get the missing part (ball & mount), therefore it is useless as it is and may aswell be removed.
Location of screws/clips and procedure most appreciated :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On second thoughts.... maybe not! Looking at how complicated the wiring has been done, to remove this and then the towbar looks more trouble than its worth... just wait and see if any spare parts come up on eBay instead I think.

·
5,087 Posts
a picture of what you have would help enormously, also any identifying stickers as to the maker???? etc etc

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pic uploaded.
Not sure what make, no stickers left on it. Peugeot think it may be a genuine one, not a Towsure one anyway as I've enquired about parts.

Attachments

·
5,087 Posts
dont do anything in a hurry ive knicked your pics:eek: and will post them on a couple of caravanning forums i'm on, see if anyone recognizes this bar
neil

·
5,087 Posts
first reasonable response

Hi Neil, have a look here. http://www.detachabl...le-towbars.html
Give them a phone I'm sure they will be able to help,they have fitting centres up and down the country,I'm sure spare detachable tow balls are availabl

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Neil.
There appears to be a problem with the link.... can you copy and paste again?

·
5,087 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drawn a blank there - spoke to them this morning, sent the photos, and they aren't sure if its detachable or not, and can't recognise the make, therefore can't supply parts. He didn't think it was detachable, and therefore I wouldn't be able to get replacement parts on that basis anyway :(
Secondhand part would be ideal :thumb:

·
5,087 Posts
could try these i suppose
http://www.peugeotpartsgateway.co.uk/peugeot407parts.php
or online car breakers
Look up car breakers on google.

And you put in the details of what you want IE a towbar for a peugeot 407 then you add picyutes to it.

They send it to all the breakers who have a look and see if they got one.

If they got the part or a towbar that fits they e-mail you the price.

It easy
hth

·
5,087 Posts
this is what mine looks like,apologies for the pic's it was raining and, as much as i wanna help there aint no way i'm lying in a puddle to take photo's for you:thumb: :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pics do definitely look like the Witter towbar - thanks :thumb:

Neil, what make is yours? as yours is definitely different to mine
Seeing your id plate on the front of the electrical plate gives me inspiration - mine has been cable tied to the towbar, so I wonder if there might be something on the reverse... slim chance, but I'll take a look!

Thanks for the help guys!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the heads up - any chance of a link to the ebay listing?? :)
I've had a price this morning for a new detachable neck - £222! :eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, he won't consider posting, and the part I want won't come off as he has lost the key.
Cheaper prices quoted today - go for the fixed option and its down to £60, but has to be installed by Witter for conformity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts