Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hhmmm not sure, I'll need to look at the failure sheet, is the handbrake like a drum brake then, inside the disc casting?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Failure sheet suggests uneven brake efficiency, I'd say foot brake, but I've watched a you tube video on it for a 406, may as well have a look and clean up the handbrake mech at same time as stripping and greasing the main pads.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a set of handbrake shoes here to fit it, bought in error, but unless you're local to me postage costs might be prohibitive :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the offer I'll bare in mind, gotta strip then first, I expect them to be fine but I'll let you know, I'll get bin number in a Bit or tomorrow, just doing dinner.
Cheers
Dave

Where are you,? Regarding postage.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I've got the Peugeot Servicebox removal and refitting guide, and to be honest, it's pretty vague. It certainly doesn't go into as much detail as Haynes.

If you PM me your email address, I'll send it on to you to have a look at, it's too big to upload here (PDF limit is 19.5kb!!!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi davidpcoates, not sure if this helps but our 806 failed 3 years ago on uneven brake efficiency, turns out all the problem was was the drum shoes glazed over, 10mins with a bit of sandpaper did the trick and it passed. thats what i do b4 each mot, strip drums off and sandpaper shoes. presume glazing is because car spends all its time on motorway and most of the braking done by the front brakes, might be worth you trying this simpler thing ,although our is the older version so just a cable on the drums for the handbrake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts