Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My drivers side brake light is not working even after replacing the bulb (2 different ones tried). I wondered if maybe it was the fuse but then I suppose both brake lights would be out (not so). Anybody have any idea what could be wrong? :nono:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you had a look at the 307 forum on here too?
Generally the cars suffer from similar faults as the 307 as they're very similar and the same fixes usually apply.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies and apologies for my late reply as I was on holiday!

I've looked through the forum but to no avail, also looked on the net but came up with nothing either :nono: I've not had a chance to look at the connector as yet so i'm hoping when I do it might just need a clean!

Any other info appreciated! It due its first MOT by the end of the month so need to get it sorted before then! :eek:

·
Registered
586 Posts
You need a lamp cluster , Peugeot do a kit for this but to make sure remove the connector and see if there is any signs of damage to the connector terminals

D

·
0 Posts
You need a lamp cluster , Peugeot do a kit for this but to make sure remove the connector and see if there is any signs of damage to the connector terminals
No need for a lamp cluster. It takes a bout ten minutes flat to cure this problem for good by attaching a new earth onto the bulb holder.

R

·
0 Posts
as david has said new earth fixes it..or you could try cleaning the parts the bulb connects too and making sure they fit nice and tight..its quite a common fault on mine i just had to clean it and bend the little earth pin back out so it fitted tighter and all was good..10 mins sorted..

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Daytime Running Light bulbs on my 2009 308 1.6 THP are constantly burning out. Checked the wiring at the dealers , they could find no issues.
Anyone have similar issues and possible solutions?
:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
my 308 had a similar fault all lights on the n/s/r went off but the mutli plug looked like it had melted so cleaned it all up and replaced the multi plug and to get the indicators working again i had to disconnect the battery i presume the bsi kept the fault

D

·
0 Posts
The Daytime Running Light bulbs on my 2009 308 1.6 THP are constantly burning out. Checked the wiring at the dealers , they could find no issues.
Anyone have similar issues and possible solutions?
:confused:

Thanks
New earths to be fitted directly to the body from the lamps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
exact same problem, Peugeot Dealer told me I was using cheap bulbs and to take car in next time a bulb blew, did that and explained what their service manager had advised, very polite staff then gave my car a complete health check and told me my front light needed a new bulb, only took 2 hours. Thats not a lot of use but I got it off my chest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts