Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Further to my previous post about Calipers I now have the following issue, the bolt that connects the brake line to the caliper is stuck solid and no amount of persuasion is moving it so much so that it's starting to round off now. The chap down my local car shop suggested that I crimp the brake hoses and disconnect the pipe from there put the caliper in a vice and bring him the old pipe and he will whip me up a new one with a lovely new bolt on it. My issue is how do the pipes connect to the hose it doesnt appear to be a bolt that I can undo as he suggested it looks like one whole connection.

By the way I hate this car nothing is ever simple on it.

Please help before I go and set fire to it.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I had to remove the lh rear caliper on my 307 whilst changing the discs and pads. I had a job getting it off and had to resort to what the garage have suggested to you. Follow the hose from the caliper fwd to the connection which is right on the rear of the back seats area. It connects there to a flex hose. Clamp that hose to prevent the brake fluid draining and then undo the nut (not bolt) that connects the two. You will need two spanners to prevent the hose from twisting. As you unscrew the nut you will find a spring that comes off. Don't loose it as it needs to be refitted. Now here is the killer bit. I found that the brake pipe, being steel had, reacted with the caliper, being aluminium, and as such had ruined the thread in the casting. This meant both a new pipe and caliper was needed. Best of luck. I got my caliper from ebay and the pipe from the dealers. It is a complex bit being both steel and flex hose but is shaped to fit and so was worth buying in my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to remove the lh rear caliper on my 307 whilst changing the discs and pads. I had a job getting it off and had to resort to what the garage have suggested to you. Follow the hose from the caliper fwd to the connection which is right on the rear of the back seats area. It connects there to a flex hose. Clamp that hose to prevent the brake fluid draining and then undo the nut (not bolt) that connects the two. You will need two spanners to prevent the hose from twisting. As you unscrew the nut you will find a spring that comes off. Don't loose it as it needs to be refitted. Now here is the killer bit. I found that the brake pipe, being steel had, reacted with the caliper, being aluminium, and as such had ruined the thread in the casting. This meant both a new pipe and caliper was needed. Best of luck. I got my caliper from ebay and the pipe from the dealers. It is a complex bit being both steel and flex hose but is shaped to fit and so was worth buying in my opinion.
Ah well I already have a new caliper to go on and I'm expecting a new pipe anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts