Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late last week, I went to replace the rear brake pads. What I consider a relatively simple job. Things haven't quite worked out like that.

First attempt and I discover that I needed a wind back tool. Old pads back on and make a few phone calls, looking for a tool.

Second attempt resulted in finding a seized calliper. Old pads back on and start searching for a suitable calliper.

Third attempt resulted in complete disaster. After fighting with the handbrake, so I could remove the old calliper, I managed to cross thread the brake fitting on the new calliper, permanently damaging both the calliper and hose fitting. I was very careful and took my time. I'm really pissed off with myself. Also noticed that the disc had uneven wear on the inside.

Final results: Peugeot 3 - Me 0

I've had enough. Call the garage tomorrow.

Even if I did attempt this job myself, I still don't have PP2000 to bleed the ABS system, when I replace the hose.

C

·
0 Posts
Being a Hot Head by nature I always allow plenty of time for repairs so easy fix will take up to an hour. Addtioinal to this I allow for at least 1 Brew Break to lick my wounds and chill a bit :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Being a Hot Head by nature I always allow plenty of time for repairs so easy fix will take up to an hour. Addtioinal to this I allow for at least 1 Brew Break to lick my wounds and chill a bit :D
Two days i sat in the house cooling down before.

owning a peugeot is like being married. you just gotta get away from it sometimes haha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as long as you dont empty the abs pump there shouldnt be a need to bleed it

i have pp but have never used it to renew fluid
Well by the time I replace the hose and the calliper, I don't like my chances.

After spending the evening looking for parts, I've come to the conclusion that the pipe/hose must be a Peugeot only piece. Part # 4886 Z6

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
depends if its a normal brake pipe then you can get them made up at most motor factors. if its a hose where the attachment doesnt move then it may only be a peugeot part

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently been through this with that pipe mate. From what I could gather from local motor factors it is a Peugeot only part as the flexi hose and brake pipe is one part.

If you know someone with a brake pipe flaring tool they may be able to replace the end, that's what I did with mine in the end.

Good luck :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts