Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am hoping if I give the last 8 digits of my chassis number maybe a kind person could advise if my rear brakes have a bearing in please

Number is 84680321 pug 307 1.6 hdi 2006

Ecp list with bearing Haynes say bearing in in the hub carrier eBay say no bearing in disc, so very clear info, don't really want to remove until I have the replacement the pads are thin discs well worn

Also do you know if the calliper will require winding back or should it just push back please

Many thanks

Allan

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
58 Posts
Set up a free account here Peugeot Service Box and enter your vin and ogle all the shiny new parts you want...

A quick way to check is take off the wheel and if you have two countersunk bolts holding on the brake disc the bearings are separate. My pistons had to be wound and pushed at the same time. One went back easy the other I had to take of the brake line to get it to move.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its free to check p/n's for any particular vin. You have to pay for some things like troubleshooting manuals and how to do the job. I find it very handy for dismantling stuff because they show exploded views of all the parts and you can figure out how it comes apart then.

I wouldn't say the winder is needed just makes it much easier.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi

Thanks still don't know if mine are 25 or 30mm type would seem only way to find out is take them off really wanted to buy correct size more so if using postage

Ecp have some good offers just don't know which of 2 types I have

I luv pugs me lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
what p/n did you get off servicebox? 4249.34?

They are very easy to take off and check anyway. Just undo the hub nut and they will either slide off or need a little persuasion. I'd say they're 25mm.

They are very pricey, main dealer wanted €350 iirc, gsf were €85 per disc and another 40-50 for the pads.

Those ones on ebay for £89 are lbp discs and nippon pads. Good value imo.

P

·
0 Posts
Was just about to order some discs off ecp then spotted they price and supply in single unit, never heard of buying a single disc bizarre think go somewhere else

I know what you mean there. When I did my 306 other year you got a pair of disks (front or back) then suddenly its per disk. Mad.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what p/n did you get off servicebox? 4249.34?

They are very easy to take off and check anyway. Just undo the hub nut and they will either slide off or need a little persuasion. I'd say they're 25mm.

They are very pricey, main dealer wanted €350 iirc, gsf were €85 per disc and another 40-50 for the pads.

Those ones on ebay for £89 are lbp discs and nippon pads. Good value imo.
It looks as if maybe these are the ones i assume the red 04>> is model 2004 on

What do you think :thumb:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts