Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Looking to replace my rear discs and pads on my 2002 1.4hdi LX.

I see there are two types apparently, one with the bearing pressed into the disc center? :eek:

Can anyone tell me if this is likley on mine?

Lastly, does the handbrake act on the rear pads, or is there a separate set of shoes running on the inside of the disc?

Many thanks

David

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
dscs and pads changed all round in both my 02 1.4hdi and 04 1.4hdi , just ordinary discs , would think you are the same, no extra pads for handbrake must just work of normal pads at the back.
the 04 model got discs and pads all round today , it also got oil filter , fuel filter , driveshaft seal ,change of oil , strutt bearing ,air filter and front left ball joint.
(no money left for beer thats why i`m on here at 10.30 on a saturday night :lol: )
discs and pads all round £100
fuel filter £19.09
oil filter £9
oil 5w 40 £24
ball joint £9
driveshaft seal £10
strutt bearing £23.50
air filter £8

labour £140

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Betty - AGAIN!

Thanks for answering all my questions on here!

I see that diss and pads are on ebay for abouy £32 delivered for the rear, so thats not a bad deal - will check Eurocar parts through as they are usually on the money.

I wonder ifthe later cars had the bearing in the disc/hub - that *would* be a pain.

At least if these are std discs it should be a 40min job tops.

Many thanks for the advice.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed Martin, its really another example of how car manufacturers are making assembly cheaper and easier, with no regard to the cost of future maintenance.... I mean, std rear discs are so cheap, and age old technology... I guess it must save them time during production line assembly.

Anyway - oil - what do you use? I see the grade listed, but wonder if you buy a diesel specific oil, or just a good quality "normal" fully or semi synthetic?

I see many oils now say ok for petrol or "light diesel" which the 1.4 HDI I would say falls into that category... plus, its a modern engine.

David

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
i was using 10w 40 fully syn , but when i bought my last lot for service they had but in 5w 50 fully syn , slightly dearer around £24 for 5litres but my mechanic says that its a better grade of oil , and at my mileage david i need all the help i can get.:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.