Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Has anyone here ever overhauled a rear brake calliper on a 307??
My wife has a sticky one and I have bought a kit to do it. I am just a bit unsure of the handbrake mechanism on it. If anyone has experience of this I would love to hear from you, otherwise I will be just have to take it off and find out on Wednesday. :thumb:

Cheers!

Phil:)

·
5,830 Posts
Not a bad job to do just make sure you clean the caliper well before disassembly and keep it all clean.

Only use brake fluid and/or red rubber grease to lubricate parts in the hydraulic side of the brake you can use copper grease etc on the handbrake arm spindle and spring but not piston seals etc.

It's also worth having a wind back tool to replace and wind back the piston onto the handbrake shaft or you will find you need three hands but it can be done.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a bad job to do just make sure you clean the caliper well before disassembly and keep it all clean.

Only use brake fluid and/or red rubber grease to lubricate parts in the hydraulic side of the brake you can use copper grease etc on the handbrake arm spindle and spring but not piston seals etc.

It's also worth having a wind back tool to replace and wind back the piston onto the handbrake shaft or you will find you need three hands but it can be done.
Thanks Windy.
I have a windback tool.:) Is the handbrake mechanism, with spring, easy enough to take apart. I trust it is all going to need freeing up as everything is a bit stuck. The brakes do work but don't release off very well and the handbrake does nothing. I suppose it would if I tightened it up but then would just stick on.
Cheers! :thumb:

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts