Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, the rear brake caliper on my car is sticking.. I have tried lubricating the pins couple of times, they work fine for a while (few months) then start sticking again, resulting in me having to replace the brake pads..

Are there any other causes?? The brake shoes are ok and not stickin..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Change the caliper.:confused:
lol... nice one..

Mike, you need to change the spring kit for the calipers and lubricate with the sythetic caliper lube.. and you wont have the problem again..

common thing, we get so many cars when some non dealer garages use copper grease in the pins.. which causes the pins to stick.. Peugeot 607 calipers come with springs.. once to go with the pads and the other to go near the pins..

the springs near the pads can be bought from after market parts shop but the springs for the pins are a dealer only part..

good luck mate, let me know if you need any help..

Reactions: Hopelessone

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks betty that was well worth ur 1235th post... very helpful

Scot, thanks again.. I will buy the springs tomorrow and will report how i got on.. Cheers

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
sOrTeD said:
thanks betty that was well worth ur 1235th post... very helpful
Is that a hint of sarcasm i detect? was only last week we had someone asking where to put the oil - sometimes better to state obvious first, another 1227 posts and you`ll be doing the same.:p

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ha ha ha ha ha ha :D

who needs telly.. Wednesday night prime entertaintment !!! lol

Mike, chill out man..

G

·
On a serious note, never use coppaslip on brakes. It's not really a lubricant, it's an anti seize compound, and the copper particles are actually abrasive. I'd judge that a smear on the rear of the pade is ok, but the edges of the pad and definitely the guide pins should use a proper moly based brake compound.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
chopper1192 said:
On a serious note, never use coppaslip on brakes. It's not really a lubricant, it's an anti seize compound, and the copper particles are actually abrasive. I'd judge that a smear on the rear of the pade is ok, but the edges of the pad and definitely the guide pins should use a proper moly based brake compound.
agreed.. I always use Synthetic Grease for the slider pins... the copper grease always seizes the pins with the rubbers.. it only works if its a metal to metal contact..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear driverside

My driverside rear caliper had siezed so I decided I would replace it. I went to the scrap yard and told him what I needed. I drive a 307 hdi dturbo. He told me he got a caliper and the brake hose off a rapier but they should do the same, when I went to change them I noticed the brake hoses are different can I change these over? Thanks for your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.