Peugeot Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ive got a 2015 GT and as far as im aware i havent had any axle issues, car had done 8000miles when i baught it, was the sale directors car. I baught it September 2015.
Car has now done 89k

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, my car is a 2015 year with 112,000 passed and I don't hear any problems with the rear axle. The equipment package is Active. My question is: Do everyone by 2016 have to have problems with the axle ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
car: Peugeot 308 SW (2015) 1.6 BlueHDI BlueLease Pack; 192.000km;

Hello,

I have this same issue as in:

Does anyone have an Peugeot "issue number" of it?

I already had to replace (€1100,-:mad:) AdBlue tank from issue P20E8: (its also "know issue" but Peugeot doesn't want to admit it)

I was really a fan of Peugeot but I'm not so sure any more..

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The procedure in the TSB is easy enough for any mechanic who is competent with tools.

I do have a PDF copy of it but unable to access it for a few days due to computer issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have contacted my dealer and they say: (translated)

Indeed, it is more common that we receive a comment from customers about creaking noises from the rear axle.
There are 2 repair methods. The first is to apply PUR foam to the rear axle, the second to replace the rear axle.

If you also suffer from these creaking noises, we can see which repair is necessary for your Peugeot 308SW.

Peugeot has a leniency fee depending on the combination of the mileage and age. In your case (last known mileage with us 28-10-2019 - 178,102 km), your car unfortunately falls outside this courtesy arrangement.

We can of course carry out the repair for you, but without any compensation from Peugeot.
So, Peugeot admits; yes there is a problem with our rear axle but you have bad luck because your car is "too old" (5 years.. is it old?!) or you've made more km's (178 000 last year.. that's why diesel cars are made for..) we do nothing.. have a good day.

Really.. what a bullshit Peugeot..:mad: take responsibility for your mistakes! It seems to be a global recall for all cars like the other brands do.

====
car: Peugeot 308 SW (2015) 1.6 BlueHDI BlueLease Pack; 192.000km;

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello my 308 has a rear axle issue the warranty has ran out. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Hi I have the same problem and Peugeot are playing hard ball. Out of warranty so pay my argument is it’s a manufacturing problem but there not having it. How did you get on?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Pay for the foam injection, that's the only thing you can do.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
As it is a known defect I would argue that regardless of it being out of warranty that it should be replaced f.o c. The dealer won't do it though as it will be them thay pays for it so you ought to speak to Peugeot HQ. If you have a full Peugeot service history, as a minimum I would have thought they would part fund a replacement. I no longer have a 308 but mine was replaced under warranty when it happened. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
FWIW - Any decent mechanic can do this procedure as the TSB is very well written plus has diagrams to cover what needs to be done.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts