Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
WARNING!!! WALL OF TEXT!!!!

I think basically whats happened here is computer says no because it sees a repair already done IE the foam rubbish i think you need to get on to someone higher up the chain as basically THEIR repair has failed on THEIR faulty workmanship so they should be fixing it

They did say some of the previous services were not done by peugeot .

And yes the computer says NO .

Legal action is going to be costly with no guarantee .

Im considering buying new axle , but will ask how much warranty ?[/QUOTE]

My argument would be that servicing would NOT make a difference to a part that was faulty at manufacture and what exactly would they service on the axle !!!
I had issues with my door seals when the car was 1month out of warranty. I had arguments with peugeot customer care for over 2months, they kept saying no. I escalated the problem to management and then the managers manager, eventually it got sorted out and they paid for everything. In the grand scheme of things its not a axle, but keep on at them and keep escalating the problem and they may change it.

After the trouble ive had with peugeot customer care and my peugeot dealer this will be the first and last peugeot i ever have

It is scary, how much of a difference there is in service or customer support, depending on what country you are in or what dealer you have. Service and customer support levels should be the same in EU (highest common denominator of course).

I had just gotten brand new brake discs and pads from my dealer and i only had to pay the parts price of two sets of brake pads. This was because they said the brakes were fine and didn't need to be changed for a while, during the service i had. One month later the back brakes lockup and scrape to the discs and sounds horrible... Metal on metal...

So i take it to the dealer and ask them what is going on, they told me the brakes were fine. they offered to first just change the pads, for labor and parts cost and that would get me going... But i don't know if the mechanic didn't had a proper look at the issue or what.. because when he testdrove it, to see if the issue was solved it sounded even worse...

During this time i have been waiting for 1 hour in the dealers showroom checking out the new 508, so it wasn't that bad.. but i talked to the manager of the repair department (sorry don't know the proper word for this) and i asked him if he remembered me, he said yes i do.. so i asked him if he recalls telling me the brakes were fine. he responds that he very well remembers and even have the papers where it is stated that the brakes were checked by them and was ok.

So i asked him what to do now. They tried to solve it and i honestly wasn't satisfied and had to get to work. So he said he will give me new brake discs and pads. i only had to pay for the pads, and i was on my way in a loaner car..

The above might be a bit biased as i have bought the car at that dealer and have had all services and repairs done.

I mean if they screw up somehow, they should be accountable and try to solve the issue. And definitely for manufacturing issues that are known.

TLDR Peugeot should own their mistakes and fix stuff that is know to be broken.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
My argument would be that servicing would NOT make a difference to a part that was faulty at manufacture and what exactly would they service on the axle !!!
Equally, provided the servicing has been done by a proper workshop using approved parts, then that cannot affect the warranty in Europe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Warrenty problem in DK...

GBDK,

I live in Denmark and owns a 308 SW from 2017.
Love the car, but the squeaking rear axle problem has now showed up.

Bought the car from new at an official Peugeot dealer, did all service there, and now he claims that he has have newer hear of this problem before.

You mentioned that you have had your car repaired under warranty and there even is a "Issue number/Campaign number" for it.

Do you have any information you could share with me on this?
Perhaps the name of the shop that repaired your car?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The axle issue was sorted in early 2016 when Peugeot modified the design & manufacture of the rear axle.

As your car is a 2017 then it will be a different issue to the one that affected the early production of 308 T9's

Do you know when your car was actually built?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't know when my car was build.
How to see that?

My car is making the exact same noise at this one:
Im sorry to hear that you have the issue. And your dealer is either very lucky to have never had a customer with this issue or is straigth up lying to you.

I do not have the campaign or TSB number right now, but i can check my service invoice to see if it is stated there.

I think you should really ask the dealer to check with either the importer or with peugeot directly. Or simply switch to another dealer... i have had excellent service and support from Peugeot Næstved.

Also you can see some info about your car on tjekbil.dk, enter your plate and it will show you info, like when the car was registrered and what year it was build.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
What's the RPO number of your car?

The rear axle TSB is only applicable for the following 308 T9's

308 (T9) AND REAR ANTI-ROLL BAR STIFFNESS 25000 NM/RAD UNTIL RPO 14276 OR 308 (T9) AND REAR ANTI-ROLL BAR STIFFNESS 30000 NM/RAD UNTIL RPO 14567

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im sorry to hear that you have the issue. And your dealer is either very lucky to have never had a customer with this issue or is straigth up lying to you.

I do not have the campaign or TSB number right now, but i can check my service invoice to see if it is stated there.

I think you should really ask the dealer to check with either the importer or with peugeot directly. Or simply switch to another dealer... i have had excellent service and support from Peugeot Næstved.

Also you can see some info about your car on tjekbil.dk, enter your plate and it will show you info, like when the car was registrered and what year it was build.
Would be great if you could find a TSB number i could refer to.
Is there some kind of database where you can lookup the Peugeot TSB's?

I used to own a Mazda, and I found a lot of useful TSB's on an US forum...

·
Registered
178 Posts
so spoke to 2 dealers in my area, one told me that the beam is £585 and another one told me £749 both include VAT, but they are on back order so nobody knows when they will be available, so after that ive spoke to peugeot customer care about this issue, they told me to get it diagnosed by dealer and with their result i have to phone them for next steps, so have to book myself for diag. Anyway i dont really know whats my problem, if the weld is cracked ( thinking to do it by my own ) or just needs to be foamed ( dont know where ) but how dangerous it is? need to do about 300 mile trip on tuesday so i am worried a bit..

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its not dangerous in the slightest or anything to worry about its not going to break

The issue is the way the axles are made they take a round tube and press 1 side in making a sort of half moon shape this is to allow the axle to flex giving some independence to each wheel.

Problem is the 2 halfs of the half moon shape are rubbing against each other internally and thats what causes the creaking and thats why they inject the foam its not a cure its simply to dampen the noise.

Go on your trip and dont worry your wheels wont fall off :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got my axel from euro car parts it was something like 300 and when you took your old one back you were refunded 60 that was about 5 years ago

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear creaking sound (308 Allure hatchback (2014)

Spoke to my local peugeot dealer today about replacing the rear axle , basically the new axle cost £721.00 + labour....total £1300 .

First question i asked , is the new axle a revised version , the response from the parts department.........we need the part number from your axle to make sure yours isn't the updated version ???

I said my peugeot is the 2014 model........confuse.com .

They still need the part number just to make sure , even though they told me their is a revised version of the axle .

Second question , how long is the guarantee for the new axle , they said 1 year .

I made it clear to them that if i'm going to spend a serious amount of money , then i need to know is the new axle a revised version , because i don't want this problem again .

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The updated rear axle was fitted from early 2016 build.

I haven't heard or seen any reports around the internet of the updated rear axle giving any problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The updated rear axle was fitted from early 2016 build.

I haven't heard or seen any reports around the internet of the updated rear axle giving any problems.
I had updated version, changed on model from 2015. and had problem with it so they changed it second time and for final after a year insert foam :nod::nod::nod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
rear axle 308

My 64 plate developed noise on rear axle whilst under warranty and was repaired by injecting foam. At next MOT (6000 miles later) and now out of warranty I was told there was an issue again with rear axle and the repair would cost me £235. I contested this via customer care. The car subsequently went in for service and I was informed it needed a new rear axle at a cost of £1000 and Peugeot would pay £500 of this. I maintain that the original warranty work with the foam was not satisfactory so I should have no further cost. Still in hands of customer care. The car has only done 19000 miles in total.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if this will help but i have a 64 plate and mine developed the rear axle fault at two years old and my dealer was aware that it was a known issue so it was replaced under warranty with the improved design (at least my dealer said it was an improveddesign). You ought to definitely pursue this one as the original 'repair' was inadequate.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts