Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
3,406 Posts
Hi....could you explain what the 'issue' is ? and what mileage it has done...welcome as well...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello the issue is a creaking noise from the rear I had the car checked out by a local garage who have confirmed it's the rear axle. They say it's not been welded properly.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
There is a modification for the early 308 T9 rear axles that involves injecting foam in to the axle to stop the noises.

Peugeot changed the manufacturing process for the rear axle to cure the problem.

I would take the car to a Peugeot main dealer & ask there advice as there service department will be a wear of the issue.

If the car has a full Peugeot service history you may even get an out of warranty goodwill fix.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I agree. I'm pretty sure they will fix this for you as it was common in 14/15 plates.

If not, contact customer services and complain, they'll get it sorted.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
They might try to change a rubber part called flexible joint but the problem will be fixed only with changing the rear axle. I also made a complaint to both France and Australia Peugeot and got my axle changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Took mine in for service 2 days ago and asked peugeot to investigate a creaking sound at the rear of the car , on my invoice it says......axle creak - cross member requires repacking with foam , estimated cost of repair , £230.00 , will need vehicle over night to cure .

So i've booked car in for next week .

308 allure 1.6 e-hdi (2014)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Who is picking up the £230 repair bill seeing as it's a known manufacturing defect?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Took mine in for service 2 days ago and asked peugeot to investigate a creaking sound at the rear of the car , on my invoice it says......axle creak - cross member requires repacking with foam , estimated cost of repair , £230.00 , will need vehicle over night to cure .

So i've booked car in for next week .

308 allure 1.6 e-hdi (2014)
Who is picking up the £230 repair bill seeing as it's a known manufacturing defect?
I can't say for UK, but in Denmark, it was covered under warranty with no questions asked, they even have a "Issue number"/Campaign number or something for it.. i think this has also been sent out as a recall.. so there should be no question of who is paying the bill.

I have mine "fixed" with the foam solution.. and so far it is working without issue. I have asked my Peugeot dealer to write on the invoice, if this foam solution does not fix it, i want the whole rear axle changed without cost to me.. they told me this will not be a issue and they will change it without any questions.

Minor disclaimer: I have bought my car and have done all services at the same dealer - this could be the reason of all the goodwill.. but im not sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That was the quote if i wanted the repair done , and so i agreed .

Update ,

Took car in this morning for the re-foaming . I received a text message this afternoon to call
them about the repair , they said can't foam as it was already foamed 2 years ago , they
said it will need a new axle , i asked how much is that , they said about £1300 .

So i then said , shouldn't peugeot cover that cost , was told to "contact peugeot customer
services" , to continue with that line of enquiry .

I called peugeot uk customer services and they gave me a reference number , they will
call me back .

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Its a known manufacturing defect that Peugeot have corrected according to there own TSB - I'd be shocked if Peugeot don't repair the car with a new rear axle FOC

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd be very surprised if Peugeot UK Customer Services don't replace the axle. The dealer should have contacted them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear creaking sound (308 Allure hatchback (2014)

Finally got a response from peugeot uk , firstly they wanted some details regards to previous services , they will now pass this information on , and
will be in touch soon to decide how much they will contribute towards a
new axle .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear creaking sound (308 Allure hatchback (2014)

Today peugeot told me due to there good will calculator system , my claim
was rejected .

I gave them a final chance and they said our calculator rejected your claim , there is nothing we can do .

I even said about taking legal action , again it was the same answer .

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
If the legal route doesn't work or highlighting it in the motoring press, maybe consider a good 2nd hand rear axle from a 2016 onwards 308.

Then never buy another Peugeot or PSA product in the future, vote with your wallet.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Voting with your wallet would not make any difference :)

I think basically whats happened here is computer says no because it sees a repair already done IE the foam rubbish i think you need to get on to someone higher up the chain as basically THEIR repair has failed on THEIR faulty workmanship so they should be fixing it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Voting with your wallet would not make any difference :)

I think basically whats happened here is computer says no because it sees a repair already done IE the foam rubbish i think you need to get on to someone higher up the chain as basically THEIR repair has failed on THEIR faulty workmanship so they should be fixing it

I think basically whats happened here is computer says no because it sees a repair already done IE the foam rubbish i think you need to get on to someone higher up the chain as basically THEIR repair has failed on THEIR faulty workmanship so they should be fixing it[/QUOTE]

They did say some of the previous services were not done by peugeot .

And yes the computer says NO .

Legal action is going to be costly with no guarantee .

Im considering buying new axle , but will ask how much warranty ?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
My argument would be that servicing would NOT make a difference to a part that was faulty at manufacture and what exactly would they service on the axle !!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had issues with my door seals when the car was 1month out of warranty. I had arguments with peugeot customer care for over 2months, they kept saying no. I escalated the problem to management and then the managers manager, eventually it got sorted out and they paid for everything. In the grand scheme of things its not a axle, but keep on at them and keep escalating the problem and they may change it.

After the trouble ive had with peugeot customer care and my peugeot dealer this will be the first and last peugeot i ever have

1 - 20 of 54 Posts