Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have 2 ABS Sensor faults on my 407 .
One is front right which I have now changed and cleared and the other is the rear left ABS Sensor
I haven't looked at this yet as I seem to remember reading somewhere that you needed to drop the fuel tank to remove the sensor .
So my question is .........
Could you not just cut the wires and splice a new sensor in ? Or is this likely to cause problems
Any help would be appreciated even if its just how to easily drop the fuel tank or any quick way of replacing the sensor
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have been cutting and splicing.
Note however that the colours of the wires on the replacement sesors may be the other way round, so you need to check before you solder.

I've heard it is possible to make enough room to poke the cable through by only loosening the fuel tank and prying it down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks . I had heard that splicing can cause problems . I dont see how .
I was going to use bullet or spade connectors that way i could just swap the wires around if they where the wrong way round

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Cover with heat shrink when finished to insulate and protect from the elements whichever method of connection you use. It will also help prevent them vibrating apart at some later date.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I did replace a rear sensor a couple of weeks ago. You just undo the bolts holding the tank up and pry it down a bit. Then tie a piece of string to the plug of the faulty sensor inside the access to the fuel gauge under the rear seat and pull the sensor plug out with the string attached. Then use the string to pull the new plug back through. Easy..

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I did a front one on my blue 407.
What git of a job. Would it heck as come out.

I have a scar on my hand as a permanent reminder of the wonderful time I had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts