Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the last 400 miles ( since its service at main dealer ! ) my partner 2,o hdi has had a gremlin

it comes and goes but when i have it , it is a nightmare... its been 4 days of hell !!!

on the odd occasion when i pull away or are doing a hill start ( engine under load) the van will pull away but within seconds the engine revs dip, the engine management light comes on for a second or so and the engine stalls... once this has happened it is a nightmare for the rest of the day- it can also loose revs or stall also when accelerating - but not every time? ( just when you are least expecting it - last time was on the M4 , obviously you loose power steering and power to the brakes- scary !)

once it does this for about the 4th time the engine management light sometimes stays on for several minutes then it goes off....

i parked it up for 3 hrs and fire it up again and all can be good for 2 days and it never misses a beat ?

i have had 4 days of not knowing if it will let me down...

i guess i need engine fault code to resolve it ?

anyone in slough area who can advise ?

dont trust the main dealer WLMG anymore ?

·
Registered
919 Posts
bricklayer said:
for the last 400 miles ( since its service at main dealer ! ) my partner 2,o hdi has had a gremlin

it comes and goes but when i have it , it is a nightmare... its been 4 days of hell !!!

on the odd occasion when i pull away or are doing a hill start ( engine under load) the van will pull away but within seconds the engine revs dip, the engine management light comes on for a second or so and the engine stalls... once this has happened it is a nightmare for the rest of the day- it can also loose revs or stall also when accelerating - but not every time? ( just when you are least expecting it - last time was on the M4 , obviously you loose power steering and power to the brakes- scary !)

once it does this for about the 4th time the engine management light sometimes stays on for several minutes then it goes off....

i parked it up for 3 hrs and fire it up again and all can be good for 2 days and it never misses a beat ?

i have had 4 days of not knowing if it will let me down...

i guess i need engine fault code to resolve it ?

anyone in slough area who can advise ?

dont trust the main dealer WLMG anymore ?
crank sensor ?

EGR Valve ?

Fuel Pump Faulty ?

plus many more, hooking up on Planet will help mate...

cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i thought that would be the case..... back to main dealer,

how many error codes are recorded ? all of them ? or is it just a last so many ? = when plugged inot the diagnostic at the dealer are the error codes cleared down ???

thanks for the fast response... thats the great thing about this place !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its in the dealers today, £ 65 investigastion fee and they are trying to fob me off with low aircon pressure and a re -gas for £99 !

that cant be the reson for the engine stalling for no apparent reason....

i told them to investigate again !

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
haha another useless peugeot diagnostic.

whilst trying to get a decent diagnostic, i would investigate the easy and cheap things, such as air filter, fuel filter, oil and oil filter etc etc...like i say cheap and easy...from very recent exp the fuel filter can do very random shite, if all of a sudden it decides it doesnt like you! could save you pennies!

but for a dealer to say aircon pressure is low....thats a fob story if i aint heard it and i used to make loads up and still do to those pesky RAF Officers!

hope this is somewhat usefull :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John, you are so right.........

just back from main dealer, after £200 bill for diagnostic investigation and 2 hrs labour... and -allegedly they did a series of 'checks' and ran diagnostic checks-
guess what, the engine management light is now out ( SO THEY DID DO SOMETHING),
they also claim their engineer took it out for a road test and found nothing wrong.....and i was told the fault was 'cleared'

-YEAH RIGHT....

2 miles down the road, it stalled, the engine died while i was doing 30mph....

and then 4 other engine stalls on my 8 mile journey home.....

wonderful huh !- and all they wanted to do was to sell me a £99 aircon re-gas

CHARTERS PEUGEOT IN UXBRIDGE NEED TO WAKE UP- there is not alot of demand for aircon in january- also i need the bloody engine to remain running to get the benefit of the bloody aircon system.....

something they dont seem able to do for me....

i give up, going to try and find a local independent who has the ability to run further checks/ diagnostics for me...

in the mean time i am going to send a lovely letter to Charters peugeot for their incompetence:mad:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
to true, i'd also send a request for a full refund when you get the work done to get this sorted...as i strongly beleive if they dont do a job they shouldnt get paid for it as they falsely diagnosed a fault. worse they can say is no etc :thumb:

i'd check what i mentioned above to make sure your engine isn't being starved of fuel and air, being the cheapest and easiest. worse case scenerio it could be an ECU failure hence they not finding anything!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scotcruz, you are the man, -

finally got to the bottom of this, after replacing oil, filter, air filter, airflow sensor and everything else i felt confident enough to change...but with the help of a great little independent mechanic traced the fault to a faulty crank sensor input

he replaced the sensor and all is good !

so scotcruz in a 2 minute posting you resolved the issue without even seeing the vehicle that a major west london main dealer could not even find having had the car for a whole day with alleged state of the art diagnostics and ' highly trained technicians'

says it all really- you want to know anything peogeout come here first cos dealers are idiots

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i spoke too soon, after a month of fault free driving after the crank sensor was replaced it did exactly the same thing again on friday and again over the weekend, - it keeps cutting out....

surely the sensor cant fail after a month, or can it ?- anyone got any ideas as what to look for next ?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I would replace the wire from the crankshaft, this happened on mine , tried crankshaft sensor but it was the wire to it had a brake somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts