Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi,

Just to let everyone know that the problem I had was a loose clamp on the downpipe after the turbo, which was the reason the exhaust gases were leaking.

Clamp is now replaced, and things are working fine. Thank goodness!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,

Just to let everyone know that the problem I had was a loose clamp on the downpipe after the turbo, which was the reason the exhaust gases were leaking.

Clamp is now replaced, and things are working fine. Thank goodness!
That's good to hear, just bought a cheap 307sw 1.6hdi off a neighbour and it has the same soot problem, they have been using it like that for ages so hopefully it is just a clamp on mine

·
Registered
648 Posts
99% sure it will be. Mine is the same. Started after having the clutch and flywheel replaced as exhaust was moved out of the way. You need to get a replacement clamp, P/N 171360 £7.61 from the dealers if you want to go there, then you need to loosen the 2 bolts that secure the DPF/cat at the front before replacing the cat to turbo clamp, that way you can ensure the faces mate up properly and then retighten the front mount bolts. Do not use any kind of exhaust paste/gasket.

·
Registered
66 Posts
99% sure it will be. Mine is the same. Started after having the clutch and flywheel replaced as exhaust was moved out of the way. You need to get a replacement clamp, P/N 171360 £7.61 from the dealers if you want to go there, then you need to loosen the 2 bolts that secure the DPF/cat at the front before replacing the cat to turbo clamp, that way you can ensure the faces mate up properly and then retighten the front mount bolts. Do not use any kind of exhaust paste/gasket.
Thanks for that, I need to take the dpf off to check it out, it was removed a couple of years ago so maybe clamp wasn't tightened properly or old clamp used. Thanks for part number:thumb:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts