Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 407 SE the electrical system shuts down to "economy mode" after just 5 minutes. This is really annoying as the radio CD goes, the windows cannot be lowered etc etc.

Is there anyway I can adjust this so that it stays on 20 minutes longer?
How much would be "reasonable" for a Peugeot dealership to do it for me?

·
12,070 Posts

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
A better battery will last the more usual 20 minutes your battery may be tired if you really need to have it last longer I recon a new battery with a larger capacity could well be the answer.

I don't think showroom mode is the answer im sure that causes another problem !!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mine last 20 minutes then after starting and stopping the engine only lasts for 5 minutes, bit of a pain as I usually sit in the car when my Wife goes clothes shopping and this can take upwards of 2 hours :(. I now sit there ruminating and reading a book.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Mine last 20 minutes then after starting and stopping the engine only lasts for 5 minutes, bit of a pain as I usually sit in the car when my Wife goes clothes shopping and this can take upwards of 2 hours :(. I now sit there ruminating and reading a book.

This I think is the most annoying feature on a Pug OK I understand why it was they decided to implement it So you could always start the car but the radio going off hardly saves that much power :confused:
I am thinking of buying a small transistor radio & leaving it in the door pocket :D

·
6,420 Posts
No the most annoying feature is blower fan wont work without engine running :mad:

G

·
0 Posts
Its not just the radio that goes off though it turns ALL non essential items off including windows even if they are down :)
Randomly, my electric seats still work even in 'economy mode'..??

I think its a good idea, it means I don't have to worry about a flat battery if I, or more usually the wife, leaves something on..... :cool:

P

·
0 Posts
This I think is the most annoying feature on a Pug OK I understand why it was they decided to implement it So you could always start the car but the radio going off hardly saves that much power :confused:
I am thinking of buying a small transistor radio & leaving it in the door pocket :D
I've known folk drain battery with radio. Also have to consider the folk who add in their own stero and forget to turn it off. Mad but happens.

As said already, the blower annoys me more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts