Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone came across this one before,bsi never seems to go to sleep??
every couple of minutes it activates the interior lights,resets the cd player and switches on the rear heated screen,similar to opening the drivers door after unlocking,the result of this is economy mode and a drained battery.
is the bsi the problem or is it just reacting to a trigger from something?
have reset in the normal way but no change,hope one of the peugeot techs will pick up on this one and help .had the car a couple of months and it seems this fault came with the car,also not great at cold starting,after she starts its no problem the rest of the day,this is probably not related and may just be a lazy starter.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
No peugeot techs on here :wink: just anoracks :lol: anyways I'd check your earths straps and connections first...something easy to start. Also look for any bodged/damaged cables whilst your there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that,all earth and live cables cleaned and secure,new battery,interior lighting on manual,original radio but still economy mode every couple of hours.i did notice what looked like an additional relay mounted on the front of the engine fusebox,there are now two on there.unplugging this causes abs warning lights etc on the dash with ign on but it dosen't look original to me.also what looks like an aftermarket horn.will read ecu and bsi in a day or so with pp2000,anti pollution filter warning also appearing at random every now and again which when cleared will be ok for a week or so.
HAS ANYONE EVER PURCHASED A SECOND PEUGEOT LOL !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i'll get it on pp2000 and see where it goes from there,am i right in thinking these come with only one relay fixed to the outer engine fusebox/ecu enclosure ? if so this additional relay maybe a workaround for a previous problem in which case it'll be a right old can of worms,
removing it does not seem to be an option going by the warning lights flagged up on the dash when i did unplug it. previous owner not returning calls lol.
may just fill the boot with batteries and live with it as other than the constant ecocnomy mode situation its a cracking old runabout and the flip seats are handy as hell for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well planet returned no clues,no faults on bsi but i did notice the rear nearside door ajar warning come on a few times when it was closed tight so i'm on that now as a possible cause of the economy mode/battery drain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts