Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I've written about this problem last year, and although the problem sorted itself out during the summer, it's come up again....

As of a couple of weeks with a drop in temperature and a rise in humidity, the passenger lock of my '93 3-door 307 XSi doesn't always unlock with the key fob (unlocks 1-5 tries). If I use the dash button, the door unlocks/locks perfectly every time.

The local dealership just quoted the cost of a new lock, but I would like some of your input on this problem before I go change it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
What is the difference electrically between using the keyfob and using the dash button?
Try lubricant but I'd like to know the answer to the above because it would seem to me that they ought to be the same circuit just triggered from different places.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info, I'll see if I can find the time to spray a bit of WD40 on the lock mechanism and see if that works.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted to follow up and close this thread (for future reference).

I tried oiling the lock with a bit of WD-40 but there was no change, and when I went on a short three day trip which had near freezing temperatures (around 3* C), the lock started to fail completely.

Ended up changing the unit yesterday which was around €150 (£133) and so far everything's working fine. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts