Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks had a bit of a brain freeze here wonder if you guys/gals can help me out

Got to copy and paste a file into this but have plain forgotten how to do it !:mad:

So can any of you guys give me the idiots way of doing this !

C:\Program Files\DocBackupAP\Resources

Thanks for any help appriciate it

·
5,633 Posts
just right click on the file you want to copy (infos i think) click copy. Navigate to the folder to paste into right click on blank part of screen select paste then yes to replace option.

Some copies have a little batch or command file in the 20 yr fix folder that you can run that does it automatically

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi WillNZ thanks for your post no not on virtual have sep comp running win 7 to use sedre on

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi windy1603 thanks for your post but its finding the folder to paste to every time i have tried it does not seem to work yet in the past i have done this dead easy but must be the old brain getting slow cos just cannot figure how i have done it in the past

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Ok, one way to do it is to open 2 explorer windows so you can see both the file you need to copy and the folder "C:\Program Files\DocBackupAP\Resources".

Open file explorer and go to where you have the file stored you need to copy across[maybe on disc then likely D:?] and open it so you can see the file in the main [rhs] window.

Then go back to the lhs column where you can see the various drives on the computer, go to "Local Disk (C: )" and right-click on it. Select the option 'open in a new window" and click on it. You will now have 2 explorer windows open with the C: drive window on top and the contents of the C: drive displayed in the main [rhs] window.

Go across to the main window and double-click on "Program Files", double-click on "DocBackupAP" double-click on "Resources" so it opens and you can see the files in it.

Then resize/move the C: window so you can see the first window you opened below it with the file you want to transfer. [you will probably have to move/resize this window so you can see both windows on the screen].

Go to the file you need to copy, right-click on it and select "copy", then take your cursor to the other explorer window with the "resources" file open, right-click in it and select "paste". Or you can simply drag and drop the file across.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi folks thank you for all your help in pointing me in the right direction , most of the problem was IE 11 just deleted that update so it reverted back to IE 9 and all went well . then allowed it to update to IE 11 again so all good now with no more glitches . do appriciate you post folks :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts