Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how easy/hard it will be for the dealer to re-fit a rear parking sensor?

After someone ran into the back of the car a few weeks ago whilst I was in France, the nearside corner sensor has slowly worked it's way back into the bumper, and now it's dropped inside and is causing a fault. I've had to turn them off completely to cure it for now.

Just need to know whether it's going to be a bumper removal job to re-fit (or worse case, replacement), so I know roughly how much to budget for the repair. The car is due a service in a few weeks so I will get it sorted then.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did try, but it was a bit of a struggle. Might be easier to determine with the car up on a ramp.
I currently have a similar issue as I have a small dent next to the rear parking sensor, the shop I took it to said the bumper had to come off and the parking sensors each have a plate holding them on to the back of the bumper.

So unfortunately I expect the bumper would have to come off in your case, which apparently isn't an easy job

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So unfortunately I expect the bumper would have to come off in your case, which apparently isn't an easy job
Car was in to the dealers today for it's 2nd year service, and I got them to look at the sensor.

All credit to the dealer, but not only did they manage to refit it without removing the bumper, but they didn't even charge me for it.

I assume, then, it was quite a easy fix....!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts