Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just bought a 2012 207sw 1.6hdi and it looks like the radio is wired wrong the sound only comes out of the tweeters on the dash does anyone have the correct wiring colours /position for the standard rd45 plug looking on google I can only find rd4

·
Registered
357 Posts
As far as I'm aware the rd45 has the same pinout as the rd4...

Whip the door cards off and have a look at the speakers, and while you're there check the multiplugs on the pillars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did that yesterday all plugged in very slight sound coming out of the door but tweeters over powering it sound like they are the wrong way round and found a few photos of the rd4 but the colours don't look the same so don't know what should be in what?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still struggling with this does anyone have a picture of a rd45 plug and wiring so I can tell if pins 2 and 6 have 2 wires in each

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its the same plug !!

I can remove my RD4 and fit my RD45 with usb and it works as normal no wiring is different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure but this problem is the tweeters are overpowering the base so all sound coming mainly out of dashboard speakers does the rd4 have tweeters?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The tweeters are standard as are the door speakers your problem is not the plug unless your not telling us the whole story :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
think i have found the problem

been working on this for a while now and come to the conclusion that the frequency splitter for the door speakers and dash tweeters is wired the wrong way round only problem is I cannot find it both speakers come out of the same connection on the socket so it has to be split at some point.
anyone have an idea where I can find it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts