Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased an rt3 unit with screen and fan to replace the rd4 non satnav unit, the problem is when I plug the rt3 unit in all I get is the orange light above the sos, no screen no sound, nothing, is there any wires in need to change aswell as the screen wires that need to be changed, many thanks

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
Yes there are wiring differences but thats not your real issue you also need to set your BSI to the correct system it is looking for a radio not a satnav

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for replying, I didnt think about that as I was expecting to here the bleeping sound it does when it needs recoding

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it sounds like it's not going to be an easy job but I have all the parts now & I'll continue & see how it all goes, I have the antenna that fits behind the rear view mirror & iam lead to believe there are only 2 wires to change for the screen to work

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
Yes that is correct 2 wires i have a BSI set up on bench for testing radios and i can fit both normal and satnav units to it as i altered its wiring to suit but you also need to fit the mic for the phone and some of the wiring will take time to feed through the unit wont work till you change the BSI settings to suit a sat nav and it will then do the beep and the vin coding can be done then to stop the beep.

It is dooable just not simple.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh I've done that & it seems to go into things that I dont need to do unless iam completely wrong, it talks about diversity units & mic & wiring harnesses , am I missing something or do I have to do everything in that step by step guide

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you've read through that RD4 to RT3 guide and still think it's a plug and play job, with no changes needed to the loom, this project isn't for you because if you haven't supplied power to the screen, how do you expect it to work?

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
No it is not wires in the quadlock that are different it is WHERE the wires go in the BSI that is different and there is wiring elsewhere to change too your original mic wire for example probably goes to a nomad box then into the head unit in the RT4 the mic is wired directly to the head unit.

It can and has been done but its not a quick simple job

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I am also trying to do this. I can live without the phone/mic.

I don't know where the fans go or how to connect them.

I don't know whether 6561.EG is needed or not and if it is then how to connect it.

I have no idea what this quadllock thing is about and whether or not it is necessary. (It's too difficult for me anyway.)

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
Qaudlock is the name for the connector RD4 and RT3 both use quadlock connector but the wiring is different

The box you refer to is only needed if the head unit does not have all the antennas on the back of it RT5 units usually have 4 antenna sockets the box is to feed the 4 signals in to the RT3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thinking now I'll probably fit everything, fan, antenna pinout the screen wires and see what happens once its coded at peugeot dealer, what position will I be in with this once this is done

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And yes iam guessing the mic I have in now is wired directly into the rd4 quadlock, is there any reason it wont work when the quadlock is plugged into the rd3 unit

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
Problem is the nav systems changed a lot over the years as they found new ways to make things work ones i have done did not have that box but were early models in 307s but i have seen the box in other cars.

As for coding at the peugeot dealer it does not need to be done by the dealer anyone with planet/diagbox can do it and you would probably find the dealers will say they cant do it !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts