Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went through a couple CAN-Bus adapters and coulnd't find what I want.
Is there an adapter that lets me use a aftermarket stereo unit without losing the steering wheel control and the display?
Are there even stereos that can send information to the stock 307 display?

Peugeot 307 - 2005

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I believe some aftermarket radios can sort of do as you want but they need all sorts of adapter trickery to do it and its very expensive with no guarantee it will do everything you expect or how you expect it :)

You say 2005 307 are you sure its RD4

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The postal costs from UK to Finland double the price, so had to skip it. :(
Same issue here, I'm not from the UK. I would need an exact link to the product so I can check if it's available where I live at.

You say 2005 307 are you sure its RD4
Yep 100% sure. I even replaced the stock RD4 with the MP3 version.
Is there anything else other than aftermarket solutions that come with at least Bluetooth, MP3 and Line-Out for an amplifier?

I currently have a high-low adapter put between the stereo and the rear speakers but I kinda dislike it because you can't really control what the amplifier receives without making the rear speakers sound bad.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
RD45 from later cars can be fitted and it will play MP3 from usb but you need a late display too or it wont show track names etc properly RD45 also gives you built in bluetooth but you need to wire microphone in

RD4 and RD45 can do line out in software settings no need for adapter.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The speaker outputs have 3 settings internal amp external amp and multiplexed amp this is how the factory JBL systems work so you set it to external amp but you will need to wire speakers directly to amp so its not straight forward.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The speaker outputs have 3 settings internal amp external amp and multiplexed amp this is how the factory JBL systems work so you set it to external amp but you will need to wire speakers directly to amp so its not straight forward.
Wait, I need to put my rear speakers on the amp then? That's not exactly what I'm looking for.
I want them to stay on the stereo because my amp only has 2 channels which are in bridge mode for the sub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts