Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum and very new to trying to use the PP 2000 tool. The first thing I needed it for for to install an RD4 radio to replace the aftermarket unit that had been installed mainly to recover the trip computer functions etc.

The PP2000 seemed to communicate with the car ok and go through the functions to install the VIN code but the radio is still beeping at me. I don't have any instructions for the procedure and only went from the on screen prompts so I could be doing something stupid.

Can anyone help pleas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Further to my initial question, can anyone clarify the procedure please to program an RD4 radio. I was under the impression it involved usi:eek:ng the diagnostic tool to program the VIN into it. I have been to 2 (Spanish) garages who tell me it involves getting codes from the manufacturer. Are they spinning me a line or am I being too simplistic?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
All that should be required is to connect the RD4 then program the VIN number of the car. Enter the correct VIN for your car but don't forget to commit the change by pressing the correct F key - either f3 or f5 - can't remember which one from memory.

If you skip this step then the Vin number will not be programmed in the radio and it will continue to beep at you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Firstly thanks for getting back.

I don't seem to get an option to press f3 of f5 to save. I step through a series of screens that say various communicating messages and end up with one to confirm the VIN which is fine and so I confirm. I. Then seem to jump back to the original choice of radio functions with the radio still beeping.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried that but it didn't seem to make a difference.

It does seem to do something strange which I suspect is not right.

After prompting me with the VIN or when I manually input it there is an almost subliminal next screen which I think says programming radio but it is very quick and jumps back to the radio choice menu.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Success!!!

With the lack of instructions I received with the product I was trying to program the radio in he Add Accessories section. Well it seemed logical to me!!

Complete success with programming the radio once I found the ECU section and your F5 suggestion then made complete sense!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Success!!!

With the lack of instructions I received with the product I was trying to program the radio in he Add Accessories section. Well it seemed logical to me!!

Complete success with programming the radio once I found the ECU section and your F5 suggestion then made complete sense!

Thanks again.
well done :) thanks for letting everyone Know may help someone in future

·
Registered
3 Posts
well done :) thanks for letting everyone Know may help someone in future
It did.

I have a question too, if I may.

Do I need a special mp3 multiscreen if I would swap my standard RD4 cd player with the mp3 version? Next to coding it to the car of course.

Thank you.

·
5,087 Posts
MP3 version is a direct swap just code it in but i have found some that DONT say MP3 on them play mp3s anyway !
Mines like that,doesn't say mp3 on front but does play them fine

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
What I have seen so far if the label on the top sais mp3 it should play mp3, I just wasn`t sure about the orange multifunction screen. Also, sorry for hijacking the thread.

·
5,087 Posts
Screens are same

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this forum and very new to trying to use the PP 2000 tool. The first thing I needed it for for to install an RD4 radio to replace the aftermarket unit that had been installed mainly to recover the Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin trip computer functions etc.

The PP2000 seemed to communicate with the car ok and go through the functions to install the VIN code but the radio is still beeping at me. I don't have any instructions for the procedure and only went from the on screen prompts so I could be doing something stupid.

Can anyone help pleas?
Mines like that,doesn't say mp3 on front but does play them fine

·
6,443 Posts
Go into repair option select radio then once into menu select configuration then manual configuration change vin and click the gear wheel icon in bottom right corner of window to program

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts