Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Peugeot 307SW, model year 2006, with RD4 radio.

Is that capable of playing mp3 cd's?

Instructions manual have small quote how to write mp3 cd, but when
tested, cd is only checked and then ejected. I have tried CD-R type disk,
and burned cd with Nero without folders.

Should be there folders, or what is the problem?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found a dutch website (you'll have to google for it, I can't post a link to it here) which suggests 3 versions of the RD4:

N1 - No CD Text, No MP3
N2 - CD Text, No MP3
N3 - CD Text, MP3 playback

The 207cc is supplied with N3, and definitely plays back MP3s. If you put them in folders, pressing the LIST button brings up the "Album List", and it reads the ID tag. It works really well and I would miss it if not there. My girlfriend has just ordered a 207 m play and I have a suspicion it's just got the N1 - which is a shame - as the car is special edition for those with an MP3 player (who would also presumably be those who would be able to burn them to disc?).

The N3 also has a dual tuner, the second tuner lets you get a full list of what stations you can receive without interrupting the current one. I guess it might also scan other stations for traffic info, but I don't tend to use that facility.

Shame they don't just give everyone the best version, it can only be tiny differences and it's a bit sharp to take stuff off you can't easily upgrade later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe there's 2 aerial connectors on the RD4 Mp3 version. Does it work if you just put a connection on one port?

If not is there an adapter out there to split the one lead into two?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2006 307 sport with an RD4 5 disc changer, the manual states mp3, but everytime I put a mp3 disc (tested and works on home hifi) it just spits the cd out. I would of thought on the sport model it would be mp3 compatible. Any ideas or should I just call Peugeot ? Thanks Matt

·
Registered
741 Posts
My ex has a 2006 307 with the RD4 - it doesn't play MP3.
I'm pretty sure the version that does says MP3 on the front.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hi

Think its luck of the draw on facelift model you would know if your should its very technical it says mp3 in white on the unit

Mine did not have the white mp3 and I could not stream via bluetooth solved voted a pioneer

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
857 Posts
I found a dutch website (you'll have to google for it, I can't post a link to it here) which suggests 3 versions of the RD4:

N1 - No CD Text, No MP3
N2 - CD Text, No MP3
N3 - CD Text, MP3 playback
RD4 MP3 exists in N1 and N2, never seen an N3.
Then some units have MP3 written on front panel, and some don't.
The ones that don't, better remove the headunit and check the label on the radio, if it says MP3 on the sticker, then it plays MP3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts