Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
the Moose said:
PSA are either just launched or are about to launch a ipod/mp3 adaptor kit.
Is this for the RD4?

I've just switched from 406 Exec with JBL system/autochanger to a 407 Exec with only RD4. Just coming to terms with much lower Exec spec on 407 compared to beloved 406 :-(

Peugeot quoted me £350 to install autochanger but has no answer for iPod/MP3. Should they know about this link you have given? [the link does not work on my PC for 407 saloon]

I have an iTrip but would prefer to run the music directly through the radio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the Moose said:
PSA are either just launched or are about to launch a ipod/mp3 adaptor kit.
I asked the local dealer about the MP3/iPod kit for the RD4 and they say yes, it is in stock, £43 installed on the car.

Sound volume works through column stalk, but not track selection.

I'm having it fitted next week. Will report back afterwards.

I already have an iTrip as a backup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ll123 said:
Too bad, do you mean I have to select tracks from IPOD?

hui:(
yep, this is what the dealer told me too.

However, I also have to do that on my iTrip. I just want the connector to get the iPod playing through the radio directly, not by transmission.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Brucie said:
yep, this is what the dealer told me too.

However, I also have to do that on my iTrip. I just want the connector to get the iPod playing through the radio directly, not by transmission.
I guss your adapter is from the car dealer, how about the Nexxia one I said?
Maybe that will work. The nexxia one cost Euro100 on ebay, with the extra money hopfully they could solve the track selection problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi New to this site.

I have just been reading all the posts on get a MP3/Ipod lead wired into the RD4 Stereos. I am just about to become a proud owner of a 2005 407 SW 136 SE. I have just rung the dealer and he said the only MP3/Ipod lead they have listed is for the saloon? Is this correct or would the "saloons" wire no fit a SW?

Cheers,

Andi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I've got peugeot's own £40 fitted mp3 aux cable in my SW. Get engineer to fit it at dealers. It's advertised on Peugeot price list on accessories 407 website. If you want more details let me know. It takes 30 mins to install. Also you can buy a Belkin adapter to boost you i-pod out put as it is low when played thro RD4 system. I have details if you want them.
cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys/gals.

Just need something clarifying if possible. Just about to have this :-

In Car Technology
This loom allows auxiliary audio equipment (such as an iPod, MP3 player, CD scanner, cassette or dictaphone) to be connected to the original fit RD4 radio. It is built in to the vehicle glovebox for added security and can also be used in conjunction with a RD4 level 2 hands free kit.

Fitted to a 207 (07 plate) before I pick it up.

Just need to know if its just the volume that I can control from the 'stalk' or is it the whole iPod itself? (tracklisting etc)

Thanks for any replies :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
johnc said:
LOL, this should be interesting then, the salesman (who clearly did not have a clue what I was after) said it would control the iPod) is going to have either let me have it half price or they can rip it out then. :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts