Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

Just bought my 207 cc and want to replace the head unit with a Sony DAB unit...I have the unit, and the wiring loom adaptor..BUT on the 207's RD4 head unit there are buttons label 'menu' 'OK' and 'ESC' which drive some basic functions on the car, like changing the time, trip comuter setting etc....if I replace the Rd4 for the Sony I will lose these!! :confused:

Any idea if there is another way of either changing the time (without using the buttons on the RD4 headunit) or getting a replacement head unit to pass through the controls???

Thanks - and hope that makes sense??!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
k6pilot said:
Hi all...

Just bought my 207 cc and want to replace the head unit with a Sony DAB unit...I have the unit, and the wiring loom adaptor..BUT on the 207's RD4 head unit there are buttons label 'menu' 'OK' and 'ESC' which drive some basic functions on the car, like changing the time, trip comuter setting etc....if I replace the Rd4 for the Sony I will lose these!! :confused:

Any idea if there is another way of either changing the time (without using the buttons on the RD4 headunit) or getting a replacement head unit to pass through the controls???

Thanks - and hope that makes sense??!

hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

this link will explain the multiplexing system and what you can and cant plug and play-

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
hi there mate i have just registered to this site and am not fully sure on how to use it yet lol i have just got the new 207 cc as well and i want too play my ipod throu my stereo but i was told i dont have the right one in there does the rd4 you have took out of yours play it as i was told it does if so would you consider seling it ?? this is my email address if you fancy emailing me many thanks mate martin

ukcor[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the moose said:
If you contact your local pug dealer they noh have an ipod adaptor,you just plug it in and play,costs around £40-£50 fitted. Part No 9706AG
This is what I have decided to do...keep the head unit, get the Aux port fitted (£40) and then run a Revo DAB unit through that...there are too many functions that the old head unit might screw up if I remove it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
k6pilot said:
This is what I have decided to do...keep the head unit, get the Aux port fitted (£40) and then run a Revo DAB unit through that...there are too many functions that the old head unit might screw up if I remove it!
I am also working on RD4 replacement for quite a long time, now i think the best way is to buy a blaupunkt head and a related blaupunkt adaptor, from the manual of the adaptor, it will make you still keep all the function of the RD4 head through a set of key design include the "menu" "esc" "trip" and you still can use the streering wheel control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
ll123 said:
..., from the manual of the adaptor, it will make you still keep all the function of the RD4 head through a set of key design include the "menu" "esc" "trip" and you still can use the streering wheel control.
Great, have u done it? Is it successful? Which blaunkpunt head unit?
BTW, the RD4 N2 - is the OEM Blaunkpunt or VDO? I'm sure not Clarion (just checked w thme recently).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
tyongchi said:
Great, have u done it? Is it successful? Which blaunkpunt head unit?
BTW, the RD4 N2 - is the OEM Blaunkpunt or VDO? I'm sure not Clarion (just checked w thme recently).
No, I am planning to do it, BLANPUNKT claim that most of it's head unit is workable, I am thinking about a MP66 memphis or MP56 casablanca.
Anyway it's still risky, especially considering that the peugeot servise in my town may be very non-professional...:mad:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top