Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted my first rcz on the road in Coleraine yesterday. The pictures just don't do it justice! I want one!:thumb:

·
Registered
535 Posts
OK, here's the plan: We set up a section for RCZs on the forum and then when someone mentions they have one, we all go round and have a go in it. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
PureJoe said:
OK, here's the plan: We set up a section for RCZs on the forum and then when someone mentions they have one, we all go round and have a go in it. :thumb:
like it :lol::thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the RCZ... :p :cool: its wonderful, amazing, beautiful and very very sexy.
This is my first ever new car, and what a car she is... xxxx

Well done Peugeot! She's beautiful to drive :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
i think £23500 is pretty reasonable. Shame it would be a waste of time getting one to go to work in otherwise i might just have to get one:mad:
I like the little 207 hdi although took ages to get used to the old 307 before that and still really miss my TT:( (shame it was german:D )
However common sense must prevail apparently-according to the wife:D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
zooankski said:
i think £23500 is pretty reasonable. Shame it would be a waste of time getting one to go to work in otherwise i might just have to get one:mad:
I like the little 207 hdi although took ages to get used to the old 307 before that and still really miss my TT:( (shame it was german )
However common sense must prevail apparently-according to the wife:D
I could never understand how anyone can drive around in a car they will never own ,unless you have £24k stuck under your pillow, dearest car i ever bought was £4,000 , i think paying high monthly payments for a car is crazy,
this is only my opinion don`t take offence anyone.;)

C

·
0 Posts
It became available to order in mid May, with all models being special order only as they're actually made by Steyr and not pug, with an 8 to 12 week wait, depending on the version you choose. I'm no mathemetician, but...

I've no objection to spunking £24k on a car. My first 407 (V6 HDI SW Exec) cost that 4 years back, though the ex wife kindly paid most of it...which was handy, as it raised a nice bit of cash when I flogged it to fund the divorce!

·
Registered
406 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
I could never understand how anyone can drive around in a car they will never own ,unless you have £24k stuck under your pillow, dearest car i ever bought was £4,000 , i think paying high monthly payments for a car is crazy,
this is only my opinion don`t take offence anyone.;)

Never brought a car on finance myself and agree that monthly payments on top of running costs are a big no no. Each to thier own i guess:D

C

·
0 Posts
I've had finance in the past, it gives a useful extra layer of consumer protection. That said, I've never done a period beyond 3 years or an amount over £140 PCM. Any more than that and I would've been asking myself if the car was within my sensible means. The only credit I have now is my mortgage.

I got cash waiting for a Boxster, but it's looking increasingly like my iffy hip and wonky arm will forever make that one but a dream, so 3008 for the missus soon, maybe a 5008 for me next year instead. Speaking of Boxsters, who'd pay the £28k for the top RCZ, when that's more than a 2.9 Boxster, which is faster, handles vastly better, and will hold it's value harder and longer?

These chumps who take home only, say, £1200 a month, then spunk £500 of that on a car, while simultaneously living in Shit Street, Tosstown, need a serious dry slap to remind them about lifes real prorities.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But if you have a Boxster you'll forever have everyone saying 'oh so you couldn't afford a 911 then...'

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
chopper1192 said:
These chumps who take home only, say, £1200 a month, then spunk £500 of that on a car, while simultaneously living in Shit Street, Tosstown, need a serious dry slap to remind them about lifes real prorities.
This i can`t understand , then when the final payment is due they give it back and take out a new car on another HP contract and say do you like "my" new car .
It`s not your car.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The most economical car I ever had was a £60 Mini back in the 70’s. The first month’s expenses from the firm paid the purchase price and the road tax. Halfway into the 2nd month, the expenses paid for the insurance. I drove it for 8 months without a problem and sold it for £80.

It's been downhill since then...

C

·
0 Posts
Fortunately, I don't give a monkeys what anyone else says or I wouldn't be driving a Peugeot!

T'is true, I can't afford a 911, at least not a new one, and if I could there are other cars I'd sooner have at that price point. The fundamental point is everyone that says "oh, you couldn't afford a 911 then" couldn't themselves afford a Boxster. The obvious reply to such an utterance is "well, what do you drive then"?

My Dad has a V8 Vantage (XC90 daily driver) and he wouldn't say it. In fact, he had one himself for a bit, and that's where I developed my fondness for the balance, poise, braking feel and flat 6 rattle. I couldn't care if the badge said Skoda, I like if for the driving experience it offers.

Either way, it's a bit of a moot point that sticks in my craw. I gotta have more surgery yet so it might mappen, but at the moment its not a good prospect, unless I juat buy it to sit in and make "vroom vroom" noises.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's the sort of answer I was looking for!!! I personally think the boxster is a better car anyway. As pretty as the rcz is it's fairly well outclassed in every area by it's rivals. It doesn't drive the right wheels, the engine is in the wrong place, it's too slow... but then what does my head know. Heart says I still want one!

C

·
0 Posts
Oh aye lad. If you like the looks, or like me get turned on by a bit of gallic idiosyncracy, then go nuts.

Buy it for any other reason and you're a fool. That's why I'd have the diesel - why buy a 'fast' one, when Nissan will give you 160BHP extra and enough change for a caribbean holiday, and a chassis to go with it?

C

·
0 Posts
Still no picture of our hero sitting at the wheel of their RCZ grinning inanely. Now there's a surprise...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts