Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just got 208 ; it came with the RCC unit in software version 063A, when checking mypeugeot site for update there is none (entering my VIN), the reason is to make Android auto work (tried 4 phones and 3 cables nether worked). I logged in the engineering mode to have more information on the software.
So is Android auto compatible ? Do I need the update?
Thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Do you have the VIN?

I could have a look on Peugeot Service Box to see if it was fitted at the factory.

If the car is still under the Peugeot manufacturer 3 year warranty it would get software updates when it goes in for any service / warranty / recall visits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response.
Yes it's still under Peugeot warranty (I'll check with them).
VIN sent in PM thanks for your time.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hi

First thing - Service Box states there is an outstanding RECALL for your 208 so contact your nearest Peugeot main dealer ASAP to get the work carried out FOC.

Looking at the details its not a UK spec car, I cannot see Android auto listed on the factory spec - You MAY be able to get it unlocked as I know some 208 can be updated to unlock Android auto & Apple car play.

The part number for the audio unit = 1640716180

Seeing as your gonna have to visit your Peugeot main dealer you can ask them the question at the same time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot. I will check with them.
Is there any way to activate Android auto myself?
Cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone, just got 208 ; it came with the RCC unit in software version 063A, when checking mypeugeot site for update there is none (entering my VIN), the reason is to make Android auto work (tried 4 phones and 3 cables nether worked). I logged in the engineering mode to have more information on the software.
So is Android auto compatible ? Do I need the update?
Thanks in advance for your help
hello to both o you,
whaouh...I hav exactely the same specs ....

My current version is 063A (without Android Auto)
When I used UK or IR peugeot website, with my VIN, the system propose me the following update :
Software : V (for Version)3_063_18.1D032.6.1 10/07/19
But it seems to be always 063

I saw there is a 075 version available....
do you know if we can have access to android auto with it ?

do you arrive to solve your problem....? thanks in advance

·
Registered
194 Posts
076 is the latest which is for Version 1

063 is a Version 3 headunit. they are obviously different. do not upgrade to a version that Peugeot does not recommend themselves.

You will brick the head unit.

as far As I was aware ALL headunits after 2017 RCC and NAC support Carplay and Android Auto.

Tell me where does it say the version3 (063 firmware) does not have Android Auto?

have you installed Android Auto on your Phone? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead&hl=en_GB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
I got it from there, I have AA on my phone (tried 2 other phones and 3 other cables)
But it does not work.
@tispoon: did you managed to install the update ?? Can you share the zip file.

Best regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Jager,

I made the last update of the 063 :
PSA_rcc-firmware_3_063_18-1D032-6-1_RCC_EU_W3_ECO

always not work for android auto.....
what I read these last days on different forum is that :

there is 2 models of RCC A1 & A2
A2 is compatible with Android auto
A1 sems not to be (and i think our cars have the A1 model.... if sombody can check for me , I can give you my VIN number) ... but I m quite sure it s just a firmware issue and not a hardware issue.....

after, in term of firmware, we have the 063 version for "wave 3" :
PSA_rcc-firmware_3_063_18-1D032-6-1_RCC_EU_W3_ECO

On my 208, I have the 063A.... it seems the 063C is OK with android auto....

and for "wave 2" (with number "1" after the firmware name) , we are in version 076 :
PSA_rcc-firmware_1_076_16-1B116-4_RCC_EU_W2

And I m sure this last version can work with android auto....

So my question (if somebody can answer ?) is :
what will happen if i updat my RCC with th 076 / wave 2 firmware and using a "wave 2" VIN (i found it on an other forum).....?
will I brick my system or will I see some not available option on my screen (but with possibility to activate android auto....)

·
Registered
1 Posts
RCC Update

Hi all

Just upgraded from SMEG+IV2 to an RCC A2 unit.

I can't for the life of me find the trip information other than accessing it by pressing the button on the wiper stock.

Software version is 73, wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get the menu back on screen without it being temporary or if a software update will fix this, only options under applications are sms and photo as well, thinking there should be more apps as no option?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

First thing - Service Box states there is an outstanding RECALL for your 208 so contact your nearest Peugeot main dealer ASAP to get the work carried out FOC.

Looking at the details its not a UK spec car, I cannot see Android auto listed on the factory spec - You MAY be able to get it unlocked as I know some 208 can be updated to unlock Android auto & Apple car play.

The part number for the audio unit = 1640716180

Seeing as your gonna have to visit your Peugeot main dealer you can ask them the question at the same time.
RCC Update

Hi all

Just upgraded from SMEG+IV2 to an RCC A2 unit.

I can't for the life of me find the trip information other than accessing it by pressing the button on the wiper stock.

Software version is 73, wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get the menu back on screen without it being temporary or if a software update will fix this, only options under applications are sms and photo as well, thinking there should be more apps as no option?

Thanks!
I have the same unit part number 1640716180. Can you share with me if you succeeded to find a way to use A droid Auto? and if not, whether you are aware re sw upgrade or hw changes needed to achieve it?
Many Thanks,
Pablito

1 - 11 of 11 Posts