Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plagued by rattling from somewhere in the rear for the last couple of months, checked the spare wheel, exhaust, heat shields, tanks, cables ...nothing, clanging persisted. I even got the family to climb into the back and jump up and down with me underneath without finding the cause. I decided to disconnect the shock absorbers thinking they might have broken up internally and look what removal of the drivers side rear wheel revealed, a detached disc shield. Don't understand why drivers side fractured and passenger side still intact. Bit of a job to replace as the hub had to be removed but well worth it. New shield from Peugeot £15.00 plus VAT.

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
Plagued by rattling from somewhere in the rear for the last couple of months, checked the spare wheel, exhaust, heat shields, tanks, cables ...nothing, clanging persisted. I even got the family to climb into the back and jump up and down with me underneath without finding the cause. I decided to disconnect the shock absorbers thinking they might have broken up internally and look what removal of the drivers side rear wheel revealed, a detached disc shield. Don't understand why drivers side fractured and passenger side still intact. Bit of a job to replace as the hub had to be removed but well worth it. New shield from Peugeot £15.00 plus VAT.
ooo shiny :thumb:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right standards have dropped, that new shield reminds me of the fabrications being lifted out of the zinc bath when I was a driver at the galvanising works in Birmingham in the 70's. The trucks were Bedfords fitted with either V6 or V8 GM Detroit 2 stroke diesels, 4 mpg if you were lucky. The V6's were more peaky than a H1 Kawasaki, a bootful of revs needed to get them off the line otherwise the engine would stall and start to run in the wrong direction so you would go backwards in first!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts