Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi I got a rattle coming from the rear driverside . I have changed the top shock mount and the rear axle bush . I have also got a knock from the rear shock . which I have got new ones to fit . the rattle only happens over bumpy road it sound like loose bearings or a bit of spring rattling or a stone in the alloy . but I have checked them including the rear backbox and the heatsheild plus the brake discs and pads which I have found a crack in the disc . can anyone help with anything else it could be . I have checked all my work and got my mate to check. it a 307 2.0 hdi 110 on a 52 plate

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not much help to you, but I have a rattle / knocking coming from the same place. I heard a bong sound at the back a few weeks ago and thought a spring had gone. I have checked everything on all four corners but can't find anything which could make the noise. Mine knocks on the slightest ripple in the road, so something must be loose. I've just had it MOT'd and all it failed on was a split gaiter on the steering rack. If it was anything serious, surely they would have found it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not much help to you, but I have a rattle / knocking coming from the same place. I heard a bong sound at the back a few weeks ago and thought a spring had gone. I have checked everything on all four corners but can't find anything which could make the noise. Mine knocks on the slightest ripple in the road, so something must be loose. I've just had it MOT'd and all it failed on was a split gaiter on the steering rack. If it was anything serious, surely they would have found it.
I have look up on here about rattling from the rear and on the 308 bit theirs a thread about a common fault with rear beam which the only way to fix is to replace and the 307 and 308 beams look the same ?. so i'm thinking if it's this ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have look up on here about rattling from the rear and on the 308 bit theirs a thread about a common fault with rear beam which the only way to fix is to replace and the 307 and 308 beams look the same ?. so i'm thinking if it's this ?
I haven't heard of this, I'll look into it, thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The problem on the 308 doesn't seem to be the same problem I have. Some 308 owners report have a tinny rattle, mine is more of a knocking sound, or as if something is bouncing about in the boot (no I have checked).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts