Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i need help please, i have a rattle from the rear of my 407 hdi 2006, its not the boot or window , just had the tie bars rubbers replaced and the rear drop links and its still there , but i have found when the car is put on a ramp and lifted by the body work and then put back on ground the rattle gos for a mile or so please please help its now doing my nut in , many thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
I vaguely remember reading that most 407's have a rattle from rear compartment behind the seats, something due to something hiting something and that something needs more spot welds. Helpful, eh? :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank u battlestar , will take photo to garage and see wat he has to say , just dont get it when its lifted by body it gos , and then comes back ?????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I understand this is an older thread but would be keen to know how you got on with a fix for this issue - I have the same rattle in my 06 2.7 Hdi SW. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I understand this is an older thread but would be keen to know how you got on with a fix for this issue - I have the same rattle in my 06 2.7 Hdi SW. Thanks.
hi , i tied the brake cable to body work as it comes out by rear wheel and there is a rubber gromet but mine had fall out so the cable was rattleing there ,and it worked thank god as it was doing my nut in lol

·
5,040 Posts
mine had a rattle,turned out to be a heatshield on the exhaust backbox :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Squeak and rattle

Hi Chaps/esses

I found a large piece of aggregate hidden in that black casing under the fuel tank. This stopped a rattle but not the squeak. I reckon that this is inside the cabin somewhere on the rear left handside. I have tightened up all the seat belt anchorings, lubricated them, and the seat hinges. Still no luck, it's ok on smooth roads (few and far between) and once the car is over a certain speed. There doesn't appear to be anything loose underneath, my local garage has had a snout beneath.

It's driving me bonkers.....(my family say I'm deaf but I can hear this, oh the irony!)

Apart from the bit that needs more spot welding, which I haven't found yet, any further suggestions?

Many thanks

Ben

1 - 14 of 14 Posts