Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 308SW 1.6 HDI from National Dealer, has a rattle sound coming from front end, local dealer can't find anything loose and says he will need to strip car down to find it, and if it's not a warranty item I will need to cover costs. Noise not always present but there mostly when drive under 50, when you reach 60 you here nothing. Anyone else has a similar problem.

C

·
0 Posts
Unless it's over 3 years/60,000 miles old, or the cause is some kind of damage or abuse, or is some kind of genuine wear and tear, then there's no way it can not be a warranty item. Faulty materials or workmanship - end of!

I suggest you print off the Sale of Goods Act, roll it into a tight cylinder, and beat whoever told you that with it until they promise to read it themselves.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
continuing Rattle

Just thought I would fill you in, problem appears to be coming from the steering rack which has now been replaced but continues to rattle on the left no noise from right hand side. Peugeot have now told my local garage to get a donor car in and swap over the strut to see if this makes a difference, so this will be done tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still ongoing problem, has now had 9 visits to dealership, Peugeot guy has also been out to it, can't find where noise is coming from. Think they are now going to take it to their Tech Centre down South to try to get to the bottom of it as they have replaced steering rack, strut and arm and sub frame.

C

·
0 Posts
Blimey, don't let this drag on! Put the selling dealer on notice that if it's not resolved within a reasonable period, say 14 days, that you will reject the vehicle. Simples, if you stick to your guns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car all fixed now, replaced strut and shocks on both sides of car and rattle has gone, hopefully for good. Peugeot paying part of costs and dealership I bought it from paying for the rest. This was a long drawn out affair but got there in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts