Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's previously trusty 2010 1.6 109HP diesel has developed an issue that Dad is struggling with. It used to throw a P0192 (fuel rail pressure sensor short to ground) error every 6 to 8 weeks. It has suddenly got worse, which is good because now I know if I have fixed it, and now it will only run if you keep the revs below 2.5k. Rev it and she cuts out and throws a P0192 every time.

I have changed the fuel filter but that didn't help and I have the sensor on order. I will check the wiring to the sensor and around the EGR valve but is there anything else to check while I have it stripped down? Thanks.

9,894 Posts
Check the wiring from the sensor it can rub on egr pipe and the insulation wears through, causing a short when it touches

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
PEUGEOT 308 1.6 HDiF, DV6C (9HR)
Assuming this engine, the engine code is in your VIN positions 6,7,8

P0192 Fuel pressure sensor 1 circuit low.

Possible causes are wiring to or sensor themselves
(1) Fuel Pressure Sensor.
(2) Fuel Pressure Control Solenoid.

Once you confirm the VIN engine code, I can provide testing for these.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems to be fixed but for the benefit of anyone finding this thread it was just a bad sensor on this occasion.

Also, don't pull the battery tray to go in from the side like I tried because it doesn't help with enough access. Pull the thermostat housing off the side of the head and when you move the coolant pipes away the sensor is right there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts