Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the same issue?

2.0 diesel gt line manual.

When I start the car about 2 in 10 times there is a noticeable thump from the engine. Car drives ok though!

Booked into the dealer for Friday!

Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
This has happened on the odd occassion to me but I never went to the dealer.

Let me know what they do or say....

Cheers
Mark

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yip ive had that a few times also.

I think Im right in saying its more likely the colder its been.........not sure. Yea let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been to Dealer twice now. They have confirmed the ‘Thump’. Tried relaxing the engine which basically means loosing all mountings and starting it to allow it to settle. No problem in test. However still there and agree its more noticeable when cold. Waiting on a new Turbo hose at the moment so will let them know when its back in. On first name terms now its been back that many times. Would sell but the loss after six months is to big! Under warranty so will just keep taking it back!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My previous Peugeot ( a 206 ) went back 21 times for various warranty work in year 3 of the manufacturers warranty.

Just keep taking it back until it's fixed, if the dealer cant fix the same fault after a few attempts then get Peugeot customer services involved.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well back in the garage this week for a few warranty fixes!

Dealer has confirmed the problem. But they have no idea whats causing the problem or how to fit it! Scary really!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just come across this today. I have a 2.0 and it does exactly the same thing. Its been in twice but it never does it when its in the dealers so they cannot find anything amiss. Its really annoying as it will stop doing it for ages and then suddenly out of the blue it comes back. In a funny sort of way I am glad its not just me suffering from it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts