Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My daughter's multiplexed 2001 206 hatch mileometer display has a "random symbol" overlaying the fifth digit from the right. It looks like three dots on the arc of a circle, plus a shape which could be something like a pencil. It is there irrespective of whether the display is showing miles to the next service, the oil level symbols or miles covered.

You can read the digit behind it, so it isn't a big deal, but I'm just wondering if it rings a bell with anyone?

·
5,115 Posts
not the service spanner is it ??

·
5,115 Posts
Just a thought.any chance of a pic???

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: terry57

·
Registered
696 Posts
Looks to me like the lcd of the screen is leaking or burst,i take it these extra bits show all the time??

I guess it would mean replacing the clocks,never heard of anyone who repairs them..

or has something got into the back of the clock and is reflecting??

Have to say too 30149 on a 2001 plate is pretty low :)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes, the extra bits show all the time the display is powered. The funny thing is that the whole panel is well behind a plastic screen, so the only way it could be physically damaged is for the unit to be dismantled. The extra bits just started showing one day, and have been there since. They do look as if they are a little bit in front of the display elements.

She got the car (one previous owner) a couple of years ago with 19k on the clock, and the service records bear it out - we think it was probably used once a week for shopping locally!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts