Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequently get "Fog light bulb(s)s" faulty message appear, sometimes consecutively in one go. Some days it appears, some days it does not? And also ESP / ASR fault appears randomly.. it has appeared 4-5 times over the last 5k miles of driving... then disappears? Is it an earth issue can I fix myself?

thanks.

·
12,141 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So should I change the rear nearside cluster based on trial and error? And for ESP / ASR fault, I do have pp2000 but it's shame I have to wait for the error to come up again until I can diagnose this?

Thank you.

·
6,572 Posts
If it's a front fog error (nearside is more common) then you will have water in the connector on the back of the fog light. The harness runs downwards on 207 and can get water in it. I had same problem with daughters I ended up packing back of connector with grease and drying actual plug out with WD40. Since then no issues

·
12,141 Posts
Remove the light "board" and check it and the wiring loom and look for evidence of burning.

As for the ESP fault, if you've not cleared the code it will still be recorded in the car's ECU.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Unexpected findings on pp2000.. :mad:

BSI: Front/rear courtesy light control fault . Short to earth
BSI: Engine fuse box - front left fog lamp fault. Not characterised. Local

Engine ECU: Super knock detection Not defined (P1385)

Engine ECU: Mixture regulation fault Mixture too lean (P0171)

ABS or ESP ECU: Absence of communication with the engine management ECU. Incorrect value received.

See images for diagnostic:
http://s1.postimg.org/6uqwwwaa7/IMG_3226.jpg
http://s1.postimg.org/ppmnnbabz/IMG_3227.jpg

And finally cluster looks in good condition:

2 or 3 occasions I received p0299 turbo charger under boost.

As I have heard the timing chain problem I am now at 72k and not sure if the chain has been replaced or not, does any of this suggest the timing is coming out? I am close to selling this car while it's still running good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts