Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have, or can somebody please take, a photo of what the rain sensor should look like from outside on the windscreen?
I`m convinced that Autowindscreens have left a load of muck and bits between the glass and the sensor, stopping it working properly. They are supposedly coming to have a look, so I`d like a "perfect" one to compare to. They changed the screen in July, but I`ve not really had to use the wipers much since unctil recently, and the sensor response is a bit erratic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next option

So, anyone know how easy it is to take the sensor out and clean the glass and put it back in? Is that practical? Is there any seal or anything on it?

C

·
0 Posts
I've heard there's a gel pad between sensor and screen.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've heard there's a gel pad between sensor and screen.

Mine looks like there's bits of gel but it's not uniform and there looks like bits missing, black bits in places and it just doesn't look right.

C

·
0 Posts
From memory there are black bits bit like little lines, if I had my car at minute I take a pic.

C

·
0 Posts
Have you tried Google images just searched 407 rain sensor and there are a few pics.

Can you post a PIC of yours?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have, or can somebody please take, a photo of what the rain sensor should look like from outside on the windscreen?
I`m convinced that Autowindscreens have left a load of muck and bits between the glass and the sensor, stopping it working properly. They are supposedly coming to have a look, so I`d like a "perfect" one to compare to. They changed the screen in July, but I`ve not really had to use the wipers much since unctil recently, and the sensor response is a bit erratic.
Will this help? I tried the HD photo's, but the forum can only take low resolution one's.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
heres mine for you...looks like a squashed silicone gel kind of thing.
the guy who replaced my windscreen actually made me sit and watch him squirt it with water to prove it was working when I signed off the job.

click it for a hi res version

·
Registered
12 Posts
heres mine for you...looks like a squashed silicone gel kind of thing.
the guy who replaced my windscreen actually made me sit and watch him squirt it with water to prove it was working when I signed off the job.

click it for a hi res version
New windscreen and you already got a chip?

·
Registered
298 Posts
new windscreen about 6 months ago...got chipped within the first week!!
HATE having new windscreens because you can almost guarantee they will get chipped within a month! especially in rural Norfolk!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts