Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my son just got a 2010 207 verve to learn to drive. The radio is poor on am and FM. All leads look to be in ok so i guess the next thing is to try a new (second hand) aerial and base.
Do they all fit ok? as it looks like there are two variants WA_, WC_ and [2007-2015]. and i am not sure how to find which is for his car?

What do these two variant numbers mean?

Many thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can't help you with the numbers but perhaps an experience of mine will help. On a 207 1.4S I had a few years ago some lowlife nicked the screw in bit of the aerial in a shopping centre car park. I went right back in to the centre and bought a replacement from a well known shop that begins with 'H'. I think it cost something like £14.99. I screwed it in and it was absolute crap. Poor reception, fading out under bridges etc. After putting up with it for while I bought one from main dealer for about the same price and it was fine. It could just be a badly manufactured one or a poor replacement by the previous owner. It might be worth a try even if just trying one off another car that you know is ok.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
peugeots newer radios are very sensitive to poor signals the aeriel needs to be 100% perfect aftermarket ones are useless :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts