Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 407 which has an RT3 radio with a monochrome orange LCD display.
Unfortunately the display is on it's way out and sourcing another 6 pin GPS version is proving a bit difficult.
Does anyone know if upgrading to an RT3 with the large colour screen is just a straight swap, apart from the reprogramming?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would love to know if upgrades are available myself, found a cheap screen but didnt buy as i dont know what the upgrade procedure would be made up of? I have PP and such but hopefully someone will let us all know!:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
i fitted a big screen /satnav to mine a while ago.
you need the screen ,surround,fans,ALL looms + fibre optic cables,satellite reciever for the front screen,radio and satnav + navigation discs...available on ebay .
i bought most of mine from someone on ebay then but they hadn't realised you need the loom ,so i had to buy from another seller -off ebay but in bulgaria if i remember correctly,post wasn't too bad.the bunch of cables arrived in a simple carboard box.
a BIG job by all accounts but well worth it given my screen was going too anyway.
neil

·
Registered
61 Posts
@NeilH how much in total did it cost you to get everything required and would a newbie be able to install this as i dont know much about wiring and such? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
screen repair

In the end and after a lot of searching I found a company who repaired my screen.
It wasn't cheap, £186 in total, but cheaper than buying a new one from Peugeot who wanted £250 + VAT plus they said it would then need recoding to the vehicle.
For anyone else who has the rare 6 pin sat nav screen this may be an option.
They were ACtronics, if you google them you'll get to their website.

·
Registered
241 Posts
@NeilH how much in total did it cost you to get everything required and would a newbie be able to install this as i dont know much about wiring and such? Thanks!
hi will?
i have a few years spannering behind me but it was still a little daunting with all the wiring guff,lol, although i didn't know it was going to be such a task at first...lol
but on reflection just make sure you have ALL you need to do the job,and its not such a chore once you get stuck into the job.
more INVOLVED if i'm honest,you'll need to get it coded in after you've fitted it all.by all means ask if you need assistance..:D
neil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts