Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 3008, whilst using the radio, only a few of the radio stations (Heart and Jazz fm) have graphics, showing the radio logo when I list or play those stations.

All of the other stations (i.e. nearly all of them!) do not show any graphic ID's.

Is the same for all users?

Is there a way of downloading the station graphics for these stations where these are missing?

· Registered
857 Posts
On my 3008, whilst using the radio, only a few of the radio stations (Heart and Jazz fm) have graphics, showing the radio logo when I list or play those stations.

All of the other stations (i.e. nearly all of them!) do not show any graphic ID's.

Is there a way of downloading the station graphics for these stations where these are missing?
This is the same for me...

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the same for me...
I note from the other thread that both you and I have not yet got TOMTOM activated also Yorky.... I wonder if this is a connected issue - i.e. no connection to Peugeots server to download these graphics?

I might be completely wrong here, but perhaps another user with TOMTOM activated can confirm if they also experience the same lack of radio station graphics?

· Registered
139 Posts
My Allure does not have TomTom (only standard on GT in Ireland otherwise a 1000 euro plus option) and displays some station ID graphics - mainly from the bigger stations. When I drove through Northern Ireland recently all the BBC radio graphics showed up. I'm not sure if RDS 2.0 is implemented yet but according to Wikipedia it supports Broadcaster's graphical logo - a maximum of 4 kilobytes picture (JPEG, PNG of GIF). So probably not Peugeot?s fault but would be nice if we could add our own graphics a la VW.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Allure does not have TomTom (only standard on GT in Ireland otherwise a 1000 euro plus option) and displays some station ID graphics - mainly from the bigger stations. When I drove through Northern Ireland recently all the BBC radio graphics showed up. I'm not sure if RDS 2.0 is implemented yet but according to Wikipedia it supports Broadcaster's graphical logo - a maximum of 4 kilobytes picture (JPEG, PNG of GIF). So probably not Peugeot?s fault but would be nice if we could add our own graphics a la VW.
I did not know about rds2.0 - will have a read up on that - thanks!

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Are you tuned in to FM or DAB JupiterMan? RDS is connected with FM radio but if any broadcast is going to show icons I would have thought it would have been DAB. Having said that I seem to recall the Peugeot guy in the instructional video having icons on his screen and they don't have DAB in France or at least not compatible with ours.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you tuned in to FM or DAB JupiterMan? RDS is connected with FM radio but if any broadcast is going to show icons I would have thought it would have been DAB. Having said that I seem to recall the Peugeot guy in the instructional video having icons on his screen and they don't have DAB in France or at least not compatible with ours.
I listen to DAB... I did try fm earlier which had a few more icons (mainly BBC radio), but still not all of them.

I have mainly been using CarPlay, which may mean the radio graphics have not had time to download as not tuned? (perhaps!). Have a long journey at the weekend with family where we will listen to radio... see if that changes anything!!

· Registered
314 Posts
Just wondering if this got resolved when the live services were activated? My live services are ' in progress' and I have hardly any station icons. I listen to Radio X and get it loud and clear but there's no icon- the demo car at my local dealer had the icon though.

· Registered
544 Posts
I'm the same, very few icons and no Tom Tom Live. My BBC Radio 2 icon was showing but now it isn't and my Smooth one comes and goes. None of the others are there at all, ever!

· Registered
314 Posts
I'm the same, very few icons and no Tom Tom Live. My BBC Radio 2 icon was showing but now it isn't and my Smooth one comes and goes. None of the others are there at all, ever!
Still no Tom Tom live? Is your still 'activating'? I signed all the docs for the Tom Tom and the app went from doing nothing to activating, so I'm hoping in a day or two it'll come through- not sure whether that and the icons are linked though

· Registered
544 Posts
Still no Tom Tom live? Is your still 'activating'? I signed all the docs for the Tom Tom and the app went from doing nothing to activating, so I'm hoping in a day or two it'll come through- not sure whether that and the icons are linked though[/

Assuming this is where I'm looking Shamilt, mine says connected and has done since Day 1.... or am I looking in the wrong place?

Oops, sorry for the size!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
420 Posts

The radio stations are not sending the image as metadata. It has nothing to do with your car.

Send the radio stations that are missing the graphics a friendly email and ask nicely if they can add it to the broadcast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.