Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car struggles to start sometimes. I've tested the battery and it's reading correct voltage when engine off. It drops below 10 volts when starting and then the radio/clock and date reset thereself. With the car running the battery reads correct volts and when I turn the lights on and a/c etc the volts are still reading correct so the alternator is fine. Will a new battery cue this? I'm struggling what else to test? Could someone help me? Many thanks

·
6,587 Posts
Sounds like battery is goosed. Any voltage below 11V will cause major issues with ECU's sound like a cell is failing.

If you have access to another car try starting with jump leads in place if it starts fine and clock etc does not reset it will confirm battery is failing

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Battery tests are pretty much irrelevant on Peugeots. I've had them tested in the past as fine, replaced them and faults have gone. Even the one my first 407 destroyed with it's faulty starter motor tested fine. Even though it wouldn't start the car!

I think for the price of one, especially if a car is on it's original, it's worth doing before messing with anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts